Job description / Role
Mubadala is a global investment company with a mandate to generate sustainable financial returns to the Government of Abu Dhabi for the long-term.
We actively invest across a variety of geographies, asset classes and sectors that build on our competitive advantages of talent, financial strength, portfolio diversity and global relationships to enhance lasting value at home and overseas.
We are a responsible corporate citizen motivating our businesses to have a positive impact on the communities where they operate.
About Internal Audit
Internal Audit is here to help ensure Mubadala is managing its risks as effectively and efficiently as possible. We do that through audits, advisory reviews and supporting the Platforms on Audit, Risk and Compliance Committees at our investments.
We aim to be collaborative partners and trusted advisors for your businesses, by delivering value through driving improved management of risks. We are the third line of defense for Mubadala and provide independent assurance by reporting to the Mubadala Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a global group audit function working across 13 different industries and more than 30 countries. You will participate in the continuous improvement of this critical growing function in a company that is playing a leading role in transforming Abu Dhabi's economic landscape. Your responsibilities will enable you to develop a privileged understanding of the business and provide exposure to senior management across a number of functional areas.
Risk and Control Assessment
- Plan the risk and control environment assessment to define the required scope and objectives in order to support the planning and execution of the engagement for the assigned corporate/business function(s).
- Support the development of the engagement plan for the assigned corporate/business function(s) in line with the annual engagement plan and ensuring comprehensive coverage of key internal control risk areas.
Execution of Engagement
- Lead the engagement for the assigned corporate/business function(s) to ensure effective risk assessment and evaluation of the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the key controls, and identification of corrective actions.
- Provide support to the team of Auditors working on the engagement in order to ensure timely and quality assessment, alignment with the Internal Audit methodology, policies and processes and engagement plan(s), and to assist in building internal capabilities.
- Provide formal periodic updates to the management team to keep them updated on the progress of the engagement, ensuring corrective action is taken to address any identified issues impacted the engagement plan.
- Manage relationships with external audit firms to coordinate the execution of the engagement and to ensure delivery of defined, cost effective and high quality audit services to support the engagement.
- Review draft internal reports developed by the engagement team members to ensure they are clear and concise, focus on the areas of greatest risk, and provide corrective recommendations.
- Develop engagement reports in order to provide robust findings on the engagement, along with the development of agreed action plans for the review and approval of senior team members.
- Monitor and report on the progress of implementation of agreed action plans developed from the assigned corporate/business function(s) engagement in order to ensure identified risks are mitigated effectively within the set timeframes.
- Establish and maintain regular coordination between the engagement team and internal stakeholders to coordinate the execution of the engagement, provide advice and guidance, improve risk management standards and implement agreed action plans in line with set timeframes and quality standards.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute towards the development of the Internal Audit manuals reflecting policies, procedures and controls in order to ensure delivery of an independent, quality and cost-effective service for Mubadala Group in alignment with all relevant Abu Dhabi Accountability Authority (ADAA) requirements.
- Prepare functional reports in a timely and accurate manner in order to meet Mubadala's requirements, and the functional requirements, policies and standards.
- Supervise the activities and work performed by direct reports to ensure that all work is carried out in an efficient and effective manner, in line with the annual business plans, and functional policies and procedures.
- Recommend training and development interventions for team members to continuously build their capabilities.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Bachelor degree in business management, finance, accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a similar role in a complex organization or a Big 4 firm, and preferably with experience working in various industries.
- Knowledge of Mubadala Group's operations, and ability to lead the design and execution of effective internal audit plans for engagements.
- Ability to assess and clearly report the adequacy and effectiveness of management action plans proposed to address the areas of improvement.
- Ability to provide clear advice and guidance to internal stakeholders within the assigned business function(s).
- Good knowledge of COSO risk assessment framework.
- Good knowledge of process mapping and control identification.
- Project management knowledge.
- Knowledge of CAATs and general IT audit skills.
About the Company
Our formation and identity as a company are inextricably linked to the vision of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan – who imagined a prosperous future for his people, and then brought them together as a nation to achieve it.
Mubadala is a pioneering global investor, deploying capital with integrity and ingenuity to accelerate economic growth for the long-term benefit of Abu Dhabi. As Abu Dhabi’s leading strategic investment company, Mubadala is active in 13 sectors and more than 30 countries around the world, creating lasting value for our shareholder, the Government of Abu Dhabi.
Our work includes the development of global industrial champions in sectors such as aerospace, ICT, semiconductors, metals & mining, renewable energy and utilities, and the management of diverse financial holdings. We build on legacy expertise in oil and gas to invest across the hydrocarbon spectrum, and enhance the UAE’s growth potential through investments in healthcare, real estate and defense services. Our investment approach prioritizes partnership with best-in-class organizations and a commitment to the highest standards of governance.