Job description / Role
Are you a dynamic Internal Audit professional looking for the next challenge in your career?
We at Al Tayer Group are looking for Senior Auditors as a part of the Risk & Audit team.
The Senior Auditor shall be responsible to ensure quality execution of audits in coordination with the Audit Manager and staff and conduct audit of systems and processes, reporting the degree of compliance and ensuring management is made aware of risk implementation gaps. The role also includes assisting the Group Risk Management Function in specific risk and compliance initiatives for embedding a strong risk culture within ATG and ensuring compliance with Group Risk Management policies and procedures.
Audit and Advisory
• Assist in the development of annual internal audit plan, by providing key inputs through identification and evaluation of the organization’s audit risk areas.
• Assist the management in finalization of the audit scope areas and development of detailed audit plan for the assigned area, based on the annual plan so as to ensure implementation and management of assigned audits.
• Communicate assigned tasks to the engagement team in a manner that is clear and concise ensuring high quality, accurate, and efficient results.
• Review and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls within the scope area and assess compliance with ATG’s policies and procedures.
• Identify and clearly define audit issues and root causes, recommend improvements to internal controls and business processes, ensure that corrective action plans are developed and implemented in a timely manner.
• Support the field auditors in executing the audit as per the plan and within the defined budget and in accordance with defined audit methodology.
• Assist in reviewing the audit program, analysing findings and the supporting documents procured in support of the issues raised to prepare an accurate and authentic report.
• Review the list of the issues received from the field auditors and decide if any other area or related activities are required to be looked into so as to ensure that all aspects of the business have been covered and reflect a correct picture of the company’s commercial health
• Receive the response on the draft report from the concerned company, examine the same along with the Audit Manager and discuss with the client to reconcile the difference, if any.
• Ensure end-to-end process reviews are conducted, collate and consolidate observations, finalize the draft audit report with the Auditee and present the report to the Audit management for their review and assist the Audit Management Team in finalizing the executive summary.
• Conduct special field audit on request of the operating companies or on the advice of the Audit Manager to thoroughly investigate the critical segment of the business, identify the weaker and problem areas and recommend measures for effective control
Risk and Compliance
• Assist the Head of Risk with select governance and risk initiatives, which caters to improvement in overall governance structure and risk culture within the organization.
• Contribute to the risk assessment process for relevant entities/projects and identification of risks with the aim to adequately manage or eliminate any risks that may result in property loss, injury, or legal liability.
• Identification of key risks and updating the same in the risk register.
• Assist risk owners in developing risk mitigation plans for risks identified to mitigate or improve control frameworks and assist them in ensuring implementation of the risk mitigation plans.
• Assist the Head of Risk in rolling out group-wide policies
• Assist in promoting risk management related best practices within the business.
• Chartered Accountant (CA/ACCA/CPA) or Inter CA with a Post Graduate Degree in Accounting or Finance
• CIA or CISA qualification is an advantage
• Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in an Internal Audit role
• Good knowledge of financials as well as system audit gained through formal training or work experience
• Experience in working with systems such Oracle, Magento, POS, Taleo, Salesforce etc.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• High mathematical acumen
• Attention to details and concern for quality
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Well-groomed with a pleasant personality
• Exposure to a multicultural environment
• Strong organization and follow up skills including the ability to handle competing priorities and meet all deadlines and commitments
Internal Audit experience is critical for the role.
About the Company
Established in 1979, Al Tayer Group is a privately-held, diversified company with operations in 12 countries in the Middle East and beyond. With over 7,800 employees from 95 different nationalities, the Group has its headquarters in Dubai, UAE.
Al Tayer Group operates leading, quality-focused businesses in automobile sales and service, luxury and lifestyle retail, perfumes and cosmetics distribution, engineering as well as interiors contracting. The Groups portfolio includes several of the worlds leading brands such as Armani, Bvlgari, Banana Republic, Ford, Ferrari, Gucci, Gap, Harvey Nichols and Maserati. The Group operates over 180 stores across multiple markets in the Middle East. In addition, Al Tayer Group has investments in commercial real estate, contracting, supply chain management, precision tools manufacturing and travel agency services.