Job description / Role
You’ll be part of the Back-end team at Deriv.com. We design, develop, and debug the company's server-side apps and databases to delight our customers with a flawless digital experience.
As a Senior Back-end Developer at Deriv.com, you’ll create high-performance software that will be the core of our trading services. Your clean code contributes to better integration and leads to engaging products. You will improve the scalability of our suite of tools, from APIs to web and mobile apps to plugins, helping us to meet the needs of our rapidly growing customer base.
What you’ll do
- Build and test scalable, low-latency applications, APIs, and plugins for our customers, internal teams, and third-party developers.
- Troubleshoot applications during development and deployment.
- Build automated unit and integration tests and perform code reviews to improve the code quality.
- Participate in the deployment of new products and features by collaborating with other teams.
- Make codebases consistent and maintainable.
What you have
- At least 5 years of experience in back-end development
- Expertise in programming languages, preferably Perl, Python, PHP, C/C++, Go, or Ruby
- Ability to produce high-quality, self-documenting code by using test-driven development (TDD) techniques
- Knowledge of information security and data protection
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
What’s good to have
- Experience with asynchronous programming and scalable systems
- Experience with relational database design and/or open-source RDBMS systems such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Background in Linux and other open-source platforms
What we’ll give you
- Exciting work challenges
- Cooperative work environment
- Career advancement opportunities
- Market-based salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Medical insurance
- Housing and transportation allowance
- Casual dress code
- Work permit
About the Company
The story of Deriv starts in 1999. Regent Markets Group, the founding company, was established with a mission to make online trading accessible to the masses. The Group has since rebranded and evolved, but its founding mission remains unchanged.
Our evolution is powered by over 20 years of customer focus and innovation.