Job description / Role
As a trusted partner with strong government presence and key industry focus, Pegasus (A DarkMatter Group Company) provides cutting edge and future proof data analytics software and services aimed to secure nations. We help our clients to answer their most pressing data queries - at speed. We provide instant value by unravelling key insights from an abundance of data sources, building the next generation of lawful enforcement, fraud management, cyber security and data management solutions. We are ambitious, with a strong desire and belief in establishing the leading global Data Science, Big Data and Analytics powerhouse with the key focus on applied machine learning and artificial intelligence.
Whether you are working in our headquarters located in the iconic Aldar HQ building in Abu Dhabi, or one of our international offices you will be joining a firm that is constantly looking to push boundaries. Our people define us. They are talented adventurers who are shaping the tech landscape from Abu Dhabi with their considerable expertise and experience. For them, Pegasus is a place where they can make their big data dreams come true. We embrace and foster the entrepreneurial spirit that propels our people and our company forward. Our industry is ever evolving, and so are we.
As a Backend Engineer, you will be part of the global engineering team responsible for delivering an end-to-end solution from initial concept through final solution leveraging cutting-edge technologies. The skills required spans from coding to integrating several technologies across disparate platforms. This requires a deep understanding of systems, data structures, modern scripting and enterprise level languages as well as open source tools.
In this role, you will:
- Implement, test, debug and maintain software solutions.
- Participate in design & architecture discussions.
- Collaborate with QA, product and other backend teams to build, test, and roll out.
- Build and manage micro services using Spring Boot and other modern Java technologies.
- Adhere to development best practices like TDD and Continuous Deployment.
- Research new and emerging technologies that may enable improvements in the product development.
To bring your dream to life, you'll need:
- Strong programming skills using JAVA and at least 5 years of experience.
- Proficient experience designing and developing Microservices / Microservices architecture.
- Knowledge of Spring Boot, Docker, Micro-services, Neo4j, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and TDD is a big plus.
- Experience with the TDD methodology and Java testing frameworks (Junit/Mocks etc).
- Experience with big data solutions such as Elastic, Hadoop, HBase, and Kafka it is a major plus.
- Experience with Git as version control system.
- Experience working using an agile, scrum based, development process.
Working in Abu Dhabi
At Pegasus, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working in the DarkMatter Group. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.
Senior / Lead Software Engineers
Full-Stack Web Developer
IT Enterprise Architect
TEC Group International (TGI)
Principal Back End Engineer