Job description / Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced BD Manager already in the professional services sector (law firm/top accountancy/finance). Reporting to the Director, the Senior BD Manager will lead the business development function for this international law firm in all offices, focusing on practices, sectors & clients. Contributing at both a strategic and tactical level, you will develop and execute the business development strategy with specific focus on client relationship management and development, their sector programme, and new business development.
You will also develop, mentor and lead 1 direct report. Above all, you will provide high-quality, proactive support to the partnership and work with the wider marketing, communications and business development team.
Key responsibilities and deliverables
Marketing the practice groups - Responsible for supporting the growth including working with the Marketing Director to create strategic business plans that identify target audiences, build out key propositions and provide clear plans for execution; supporting in preparation for client meetings; Identify and follow up on cross-selling opportunities;
Proposals Management - Lead the continuous development of the firms' pitching capability, working closely with the lawyers on high-value pitch opportunities;
Sector Programme - Work with the Marketing Director to develop, implement & execute the sector programme for the firm including development and implementation of sector specific business plans, identifying opportunities, develop pitch documents accordingly.
Client development - Facilitate development of key client relationships.
New Business Development
AED 30,000 to 38,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
- Degree educated, preferable with a relevant post-graduate qualification
- Experience of business development in a professional services context
- Experience of proposition building, commercial negotiation and ‘sell-in’ practices
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders in a law firm or a professional or financial services firm
- Ability to work well with, challenge and motivate partners, associates and MBD staff at all levels to gain buy-in
- An understanding of the products and practices of an professional services firm and a law firm
- A proven track record of planning and delivering against objectives and deadlines
- Experience of leading and developing market and business development teams
The Ideal Candidate
- Will be from a legal marketing or professional services background.
- Will be outgoing and personable.
- He/she will possess excellent networking and client facing skills, as well as strong business development acumen.
- Fluency in English is essential, all other languages a bonus.
- Ability to manage a busy and varied workload, also essential.
Salary would be commensurate with the experience, and subject to an annual or a discretionary semi-annual review. In addition to salary a discretionary yearly bonus at the end of each calendar year.
Unfortunately due to the high level of responses we can only respond to those that fit the criteria from a law firm or professional services background. We only specialise in the legal sector. Thank you.
About the Company
MENA Recruit came to fruition in response to a growing need for international legal talent in London and Dubai. Its initial focus began in the Legal sector, evolving as a service provider for other sectors such as Administration, Marketing, Business Development, HR, IT, Finance and C-Suite positions.
Over the last two decades, with roots firmly planted in the Middle East and operations expanding into the APAC region, MENA Recruit has gained intuitive industry knowledge and expertise. With its unique, people-focused approach, the firm has yielded competitive advantage for its clients and rewarding careers for the professionals it has supported throughout the years.
The company is dedicated to delivering the highest quality of talent and service to its clients while working tenaciously towards helping them achieve higher retention rates. For this reason, MENA Recruit is considered by both candidates and clients as a consultant in the truest sense of the word, offering guidance to both people and organizations on how to adapt to the constant change in market conditions and how to anticipate present and future challenges.
Presently, MENA Recruit provides services to organizations and professionals in the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, and the United Kingdom.
With such an extensive global reach, strong brand value, decades of expertise, and an innovative approach towards business challenges, it’s clear why MENA Recruit is the partner of choice for both in-house recruiters and candidates internationally.