Job description / Role
The Biomedical Senior Engineer is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the biomedical engineering medical equipment support services department. The Senior Engineer shall ensure that the Biomedical activities are provided efficiently and effectively according to best international standards following approved policies and procedures.
• Function as a primary administrative contact with the Client departments, suppliers, agents and distributors in relation to medical equipment support services.
• Coordinate activities of Biomedical Equipment Management & Maintenance throughout the hospital, including asset inventory, maintenance, repair, calibration, safety testing, replacement, upgrading and hazard recall actions.
• Ensure the development and maintenance of management systems and the delegation of appropriate resources, as required.
• To work with members of the senior clinicians and Executive team to formulate and ensure delivery of the Hospital corporate strategies and strategic plans.
• Delegate tasks to biomedical engineering personnel as appropriate to their level of knowledge, skills and abilities, offering support and guidance accordingly
• Actively participate and represent the Biomedical Department in various committees.
• Work with the F.M. & C.O.O. to develop the biomedical engineering service standards and ensure they are delivered.
• Acting as a role model, the position holder will be expected to deliver high performance standards and support the Revenue team.
• Collaborate with all levels of interdisciplinary teams, executive officers and other stakeholders in the development, implementation, evaluation of programs & services.
• Oversee operations of the Biomedical Engineering department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework and detailed scheduling to achieve service standard KPIs, including management of regimes, spare parts & consumable items. Readily provide direction and advice to departmental staff.
• Review, audit, and participate in decision support activities related to problem diagnosis, repair, preventative maintenance and quality assurance of patient related equipment.
• Planning and supervising the day-to-day activities of the section; streamlining processes wherever possible.
• Understand and effectively communicate Policies, Procedures and Work Instructions.
• Develop the necessary training of personnel across all locations in order for subordinates to obtain the skill level to operate and maintain the medical devices.
• Produce monthly report on the corrective maintenance with recommendations.
• Perform audit on the corrective maintenance for all medical devices under (Medical Equipment Maintenance Plan) MEMP.
• Monitor work performed by outside contractors to ensure requirements are met and results are documented properly.
• Responsible for repairing or servicing more complex equipment.
• Schedule device maintenance activities to minimise clinical and physical risk, based on the established criteria and (Medical Equipment Management Plan) MEMP
• n conjunction with the Hospital Management team, ensure that major incident, business continuity and emergency planning arrangements are in-place, understood and practiced as they relate to operational service robustness.
• Develop Preventive Maintenance procedures for all medical devices in the hospital.
• Implement Maintenance Strategies for all medical devices under (Medical Equipment Management Plan) MEMP.
• Ensures that all Preventive Maintenance is carried out, as per statutory, OEM specifications, or international best practice.
• Perform audits on the Preventive Maintenance for all medical devices under (Medical Equipment Management Plan) MEMP.
• Provides report to Senior Management on a regular basis on the PM performance.
• Monitor the inventory of biomedical equipment parts and stand-by equipment to ensure minimum disruption of patient care.
• Work with department head/Managers on projects related to equipment acquisition, installation, renovation, modification or removal.
• Validate the effectiveness and efficiency of the operational processes, both internally and externally and implement improvement processes; as required.
• Evaluate factors related to safety, outcomes, effectiveness, cost and social impact when developing and implementing practice innovations.
• Participate on various committees, related to equipment and organisational operation.
• Participate in projects, equipment, staff and policy decisions that affect staff care.
• Manage the performance of self and others and continue personal professional development through CPD, training and education
• Hospital experience is a must
* BSc. or Graduate degree in Biomedical /Electronic Engineering or equivalent program
• Competent computer skills.
• Certificates of attendance showing formal training from the equipment manufacturers or independent training centers.
• Professional Memberships
• Having a minimum eight (5) years of professional experience within a major healthcare company or division of a large healthcare corporation with a minimum of 3 years Senior experience.
• International accreditation experience.
About the Company
Ever since its founding, the VAMED group has understood health to be a global, sustainable and holistic asset. VAMED may refer to a record of international success in all healthcare areas - prevention, acute care, rehabilitation, and nursing.
VAMED's international portfolio comprises the entire value chain from project development via the planning and construction of a healthcare facility, to highly specialized commercial, infrastructure, and technical services.
The VAMED range of services is both wide and deep and, together with VAMED's value chain, forms our USP that has made VAMED a leading healthcare provider with a global reach.
Senior Sales Executive - Healthcare
Middle East Executive
Quantity Surveyor (Electrical)
Pivot Engineering & General Contracting Company
|Abu Dhabi||4 Sep|
Electrical Design Engineer
AFM Maintenance Engineer (Electrical)
|Abu Dhabi||20 Sep|
|Abu Dhabi||22 Aug|