Job description / Role
Job Purpose and Summary:
The Senior BMS Controls Engineer will lead the design, development, application, and implementation of control systems for energy efficiency, performance contracting, retrofit for existing and new company projects.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Develop initial scoping for all new projects, basis of design, commissioning protocols and/or detailed tender/pricing documentation in collaboration with the team to design, program and start up control systems for projects.
• Take technical responsibility for operational aspects of the BMS for all projects; including: System performance, minor upgrades, metering, associated energy and plant load review, 3rd party integrations using Modbus, LON, KNX, BACnet etc.
• Liaise with and supervise external consultants, contractors, service engineers and suppliers. This includes review of technical submissions, site inspections, witnessing and ‘sign off’ of new and/or extended building control systems.
• Lead the development of building controls standards, updating and/or creation of appropriate management procedures.
• Manage change control procedures for all building control systems/installations and keep up to date records of all QA documentation.
• Provide operational support and analysis of the control systems on all site mechanical & electrical services, including problem solving and fault diagnosis for the air conditioning, general and specialist ventilation, chilled water, refrigeration, hot and cold-water systems, electrical monitoring, etc.
• Support in the strategy, planning, development and deployment of analytics, controls and building dashboard systems.
• Assist the technology department to integrate the BMS systems into our proprietary controls software.
Experience, Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• 12-15+ years’ experience in a similar BMS Controls role.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
• Advanced knowledge of controls and BMS.
• Strong knowledge base of energy efficiency methodology and building engineering and design.
• Advanced skills in Niagara N4/AX is mandatory.
• Ability to navigate different BMS software.
• Good communication skills, ability to plan and organize daily activities, action-oriented, high ability to analyze and resolve problems, ability to perform under pressure and recognize when a sense of urgency is critical, ability to be flexible and adapt to dynamic environments.
About the Company
We are an energy engineering consulting firm that uses quality engineering, financing and management to optimize building energy use through efficiency to reduce costs, carbon impact and increase asset profitability and value.
Our comprehensive energy efficiency solutions reduce energy-related expenditures and we do this by deploying the latest technologies and engineering to deliver comprehensive energy solutions that improves energy and water efficiency, reduce carbon impact and saves money. Taka Solutions operates in the SMB sector and we are growing. We are ambitious and agile company with our core values being integrity, ambition and excellence.
Senior Energy Engineer
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Engineering Coordinator - 12 Month Contract Renewable
Manpower Middle East
MEP Project Engineer (Mechanical or Electrical)
Ignite Search & Selection