Job description / Role
Sr. Business Development Manager - Swan
Swan is UAE's unique grocery shopping application that provides its users a platform to shop‚ for groceries both online and offline connecting them with their favorite retailers.Swan gathers a passionate team of technology and business experts who envision to provide a hybrid grocery shopping experience powered by cutting edge technology, AI & ML algorithms. With Swan customers can view their nearby promotions, order online deliveries and can even visit the stores and experience a modern shopping through Swan's phygital (Scan, pay & go) feature. Ultimately, Swan aims to reshape the face of retail, by bringing together the benefits of e-commerce and traditional shopping under one omnichannel platform.
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager to help us expandÃ‚ our clientele in FMCG Retail Market. You will be the front of the company and will have the opportunity to create direct business impact through strategic growth of retailer partners on Swan platform.
The role calls for creative thinking & hustle, excellence in execution, collaboration with other functional teams, client development, and sharp focus on achieving business objectives and targets
- Work with leadership team to develop a growth strategy for Swan
- Responsible for end-to-end business development including planning, lead generation, engagements and closure
- Grow overall funnel of retailer partners across cities in UAE
- Optimize partner acquisition funnel to improve the speed of execution
- Conduct research to identify new markets, customer needs and competition
- Promote the company products/services addressing or predicting clients objectives
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing retailer partners
- Be a voice of retailers for other teams in Swan
- 8 + years of proven working‚ experience as a business development manager. Experience in retail technology sales is preferred
- Proficiency in English is must, Arabic would be a plus
- Market knowledge of Retail and having existing relationships with leading Retail chains would be preferred‚
- Strong understanding of contractual agreements including all necessary legal and commercial terms
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to build rapport
- Time management and planning skills
- BSc/BA in business administration, sales or relevant field
About the Company
Algorythma is a first-rate end-to-end technology service company, Algorythma creates impactful products backed with experience from leading corporations and institutions across the globe.
Our team is passionate, highly skilled and specialized when it comes to creating technologies that deliver turnkey solutions and lead corporations through elevating change on a large scale. It's worth mentioning that, the team is driven by the desire to build exceptional products. We are committed to building market leaders in industries we operate, and we continue to evolve our technology and business models to deliver value to our eco-system.
At Algorythma, technology is at the heart of all that we do. From identifying issues that impact lives, to supporting experts in creating solutions, we focus on building products and teams that transform industries and the boundaries of business with technology.