Job description / Role
- The jobholder works directly with senior manager BI to analyse the business problems and provide appropriate Business Intelligence solutions by designing and implementing reporting and dashboards.
- The jobholder should execute technical and analytical functions to ensure smooth flow of business operations.
- The jobholder will be responsible for design and development of a data environment used for analytics, reporting and translates business requirements into specifications required.
- The jobholder is responsible to conceptualize and create interactive Dashboards with embedded analysis capability and ensures monthly reconciliation of these Dashboards. Additionally creating business metrics as dash board styled reports.
- Creating the operational and analytical reports/dashboards for business, based on the requirements with an instant access to information to monitor measure and manage performance.
- The jobholder is responsible to collaborate with users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery; Gather business requirements and deliver standard reporting and analysis.
- The Jobholder needs to be able to have an end-to-end vision, and to see how a logical design will translate into one or more data mart, and how the data will flow through the successive stages involved in the journey of report creation.
- Support in creation of metadata/business layers by empowering users to enable the adoption of self-service reporting.
- Reconcile data with the General Ledger for Portfolio balance, Interest and Fees.
- Simplify and automate management reporting process to reduce close cycle time by creating, managing and providing various daily, monthly, quarterly, annual and reports to the management/departments/branches.
- The jobholder is responsible for updating the Sales Achievement for Relationship Managers compared to the budget on a daily and monthly basis.
- The jobholder is responsible to design automation processes to control data access transformation and movement and ensures source system data availability.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/ Accounting / Finance or Equivalent
- BI development experience and expertise in Business Intelligence tools such as Business Objects/Cognos/Tableau, Click view etc.
- Experience in ETL Tools, Data Modelling, and Data Warehousing.
- Solid understanding of SQL by writing complex SQL queries with exposure and experience of Sybase, MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, and Informix including T-SQL.
- 6+ years' experience in Business Intelligence, enterprise level Data warehouse/business intelligence projects
- ETL experience - mappings and transformations
- Sound knowledge of Banking procedures, Accounting standards
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Planning and organizing skills
- Report writing and Communications skills.
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Business Analytics Analyst
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Business Analyst (DWH/Business Intelligence)
|Abu Dhabi||27 Jul|
Business Analytics - Manager
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Business Intelligence Analyst