Job description / Role
G4S is currently looking for a Senior Buyer based in Dubai. Reporting to the Head of Procurement and Supply Chain, the successful candidate will work as part of the team supporting the central procurement and supply chain activities of the company.
The Senior Buyer is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following:
• Manage and implement strategic sourcing initiatives to ensure delivery of company objectives and procurement strategies
• Develop market and commodity intelligence, making use of internal and external data to update sourcing strategies for the benefit of business improvement, innovation and cost reduction
• Review/action purchase requests to ensure the necessary authorizations are obtained in order to cut down on lead-time and the appropriateness of the specifications and seeking clarification if/where required
• Negotiating commercial factors to achieve supply efficiency and effective cost control
• Influence vendors to meet requirements in terms of delivery time, conformance and quality standards, assist requesters in regards to order fulfillment (delivery follow up)
• Assist with forecasting procurement needs
• Engage with stakeholders to encourage vendors to prevent, detect and eradicate breaches of ethical standards.
• Manage allocated portfolio of vendor contracts, their renewal, negotiate and manage price changes and manage the placement of orders under these contracts
• Create, review and evaluate the performance of vendors against set KPI’s to ensure the company is receiving the expected performance as well as to highlight strengths, weaknesses and suggest improvements were necessary.
• Ensure SLA targets are met for all major processes assigned
• Ensure departmental objectives are achieved
• Maintain business systems with accurate information to enable optimum department performance and reporting
• Assist with the developing of procurement policies and SOP’s, where appropriate, to deliver enhanced control and performance
• Perform any other task, as reasonably requested by G4S.
• Degree or Honors (12+3 equivalent)
• Professional qualification in Procurement & Supply Chain (ex. CIPS L4 Diploma)
• Minimum of 1 year procurement experience covering various categories such as weapons, uniforms, utilities, security services, professional services, facilities management and insurance.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google for Work
• Good English communication, verbal and written
• Knowledge of local supply chain
• Skilled negotiator
About the Company
G4S UAE is the largest and fastest growing total security solutions provider. This rapidly growing list of products and services, along with the company's global backing, means that we are uniquely placed to provide quality security solutions throughout the United Arab Emirates.
G4S was the first security company in the UAE to start the detailed work to apply for, and achieve, accreditation to ISO 9001:2008. This involved the identification of all key processes and their documentation to form part of the Quality Manual and the Company was awarded the certificate early March 2003. Our Quality Management System is based on functional responsibilities and objectives being clearly defined to support the fundamental management principal that it is the responsibility of every individual in the organisation to deliver quality service to our customers. We are committed to maintaining the Quality Management System. The key strategic objective is to achieve continuous improvement and innovation in all aspects of our business process.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
American University of Sharjah (AUS)
Abu Dhabi University
|Abu Dhabi||30 Jan|
Supply Chain Manager
Search Heads Middle East
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Purchase Officer - Construction
Copperfield Business Consultancy
|Abu Dhabi||12 Feb|