Job description / Role
The successful candidate will be able to perform vendor on-boarding and sourcing activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
The ideal candidate will have experience with a leading Hypermarkets/Co-Ops / FMCG company in UAE with established vendor contacts.
Your responsibilities be focused around executing vendor on-boarding and sourcing strategies. Tracking and reporting key functional metrics to maximize profits and improve effectiveness. All this while crafting negotiation strategies and closing deals with optimal terms.
• Develop, lead and execute platform vendor-on-boarding and sourcing strategies
• Managing supplier relations and negotiating contracts, prices, timelines, etc.
• Maintaining the supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation.
• Building a comprehensive data base, prices as per required company budget.
• Ensuring that all procured items meet the required quality standards and specifications.
• Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
• Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
• Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
• Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
• Determines the buying requirements and formulates buying plan and budget for the assigned brand/category, based on the analysis of the historical trends and future forecasts
• Creates buying plans to ensure profitability by maintaining and building consumer focused brand/category lines and managing SKU performance and efficiency
• Tracks and evaluates brand/category sales performance, market sales trends and competitor trading activities to identify critical business factors and proposed action plans to increase sales and profitability
• Helps meet the profit targets
• Ensures identification of buying opportunities to source products and to ensure that business unit maintains its competitive edge by constant renegotiation
• Ensures maintenance of principal/supplier contacts; product demonstrations, procurement of product samples and literature
• Keeps abreast of the latest trends in buying to fine-tune and ensure realignment of existing processes
• Defines goals and key performance indicators for each member of the team and ensures effective implementation of the GMV’s performance management process
• Develops talent within the team by providing guidance, mentoring and coaching to achieve the defined goals
• Proven 5-7 years’ working experience as buyer, in a hypermarkets and Co-ops in UAE
• Very Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Very strong in sourcing and vendor management with constructive business network
• Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Data Gathering and analysis skills
• MS Office and Tools
• Knowledge of ERP (relevant)
• Proven experience sourcing the above-mentioned categories
• BS degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
About the Company
Inspire Selection is an award winning recruitment agency, headquartered in Dubai which recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Legal, Sales & Marketing including Digital Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Higher Education.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies