Job description / Role
A high growth opportunity managing regional food & beverage spend for an established market player
An established, widespread food & beverage market player
• The Senior Buyer is responsible for the procurement of a wide variety of food & beverage items, many of which require the application of complex procurement standards and procedures, including negotiation.
• The Senior Buyer prepares detailed bid specifications, requests for quotations for commodities and services, requests for proposals for commodities and services, and purchase orders, as requested by departments
• The Senior Buyer employs advanced critical thinking and writing skills in the development and evaluation of the more complex requests for proposals for commodities and services.
• The Senior Buyer identifies varied suppliers, evaluates bids, awards contracts and purchase orders, develops standards for new products or services, maintains contact with vendors, and maintains comprehensive descriptions of available products and current prices.
• The Senior Buyer expedites the ordering and delivery process through the use of automated procurement systems, and assures invoice payment by monitoring the process from initiation of a purchase order through the receipt of the goods or services and billing from the vendor or supplier.
An exciting, high-growth opportunity managing regional food & beverage spend for an established, widespread market player.
• A Bachelor's degree is required, with an emphasis in Procurement & Supply Chain preferred.
• At least five years of experience is required in food & beverage procurement
• Certification as a CIPS, CPSM, CPM, CPPO, etc.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills are required.
• Administrative skills are required.
• Computer literacy is required.
• The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.