Job description / Role
The role involves working on projects associated with wet infrastructure, i.e. wastewater, stormwater, potable water and recycled water systems, water and wastewater treatment system, and flood management and water resources management studies.
Key responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare concept, preliminary and detailed design drawings for wet infrastructure.
• Review, organize and analyze collected data
• Develop and prepare drawings in AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, REVIT or associated programs based on direction and design provided by landscape architects.
• Prepare detailed drawings, in CAD, REVIT or associated programs, of proposed plans, facilities and infrastructures, prints of various original plans and records for internal and external company use.
• Produce drawings for land development projects, base plans and detailed drawings for storm water & drainage, flood alleviation, wastewater networks and water distribution networks.
• Work as a team member to coordinate design projects with urban designers, architects, landscape architects, engineers and other CAD technicians.
• Utilize customized tools, utilities and scripts to automate work processes and improve AutoCAD productivity and efficiency in compliance with the company CAD standards.
• Collaboration and working as part of a team
• Work in conjunction with peer engineers to overcome project design challenges
• Liaise with other discipline teams and/or teams working remotely from other regions to facilitate completion of project tasks
• Liaise with sub-consultants and sub-contractors to facilitate completion of project tasks
• Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner
• Complete all work in line with Stantec’s Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec’s Quality Systems, Project Quality procedures and Health & Safety procedures.
• Design for safety
• Other duties as required from time to time
• UAE working experience (preferred)
• Rigorous attention to detail, able to understand and adopt workflows and commitment to professional development
• Flexible attitude to accepting different work assignments and proactive attitude to project execution and delivery
• Experienced with wet infrastructure design standards in GCC Countries
• Experienced with local and international guidelines/standards/codes and technical specifications of wet infrastructure.
• Excellent command in English both written and spoken
• Ability to manage a heavy workload, with close attention to detail
• Ability to make decisions independently and strong problem resolutions skills
• Strong team working capabilities, committed to working with all levels of management on a daily and ongoing basis
• Proactive, working effectively in coordinating activities and complex tasks, taking professional responsibility and ownership
• Punctual, attentive and competent in adhering to Stantec’s policies, procedures and work practices
• Must have an Engineering Diploma
• Must have 10 years of relevant technical experience.
• Must have experience in drafting related to Sewerage and Drainage Connections and miscellaneous works.
• Must be well experienced in latest version of Micro station, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and Microsoft Office Packages
• He must also have through knowledge of the existing Sewerage and drainage Networks in the Emirate of Dubai and be able to track existing Network from as-built records of various DS, IRR and Roads Projects.
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
• Ability to coordinate works.
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
CAD Technician - Fit Out
Red Sea Global (RSG)
|Saudi Arabia||13 Sep|
Architects BIM Technologist
Studio International Engineering Consultants