Job description / Role
- To Control Catering Services Stores and Supply Chain on MELABS project in accordance with contract specifications and requirements.
Structure and reporting relationship
- Senior Catering Storeman will be reporting to the Catering Services Manager.
Based on the specific requirement of the role
Key Job Responsibilities
- Take lead to ensure that food procurement orders are placed in good time and in accordance with supplier lead times
- Take lead to ensure food orders include all items required in sufficient quantities to produce daily menus as per the cyclic menu and projected client attendance numbers
- Take Lead to ensure that all delivery vehicles are inspected on each delivery and temperatures are in accordance with HACCP guidelines
- Checking that deliveries of all foods meet the quantity standards expected by the contract terms
- Ensure that all food items are stored in accordance with HACCP principles
- Ensure that all stocks received are correctly recorded into the stock control software
- Ensure that sufficient reserve rations are in stock to cater for 2 days of full meals
- Control the use of food rations and ingredients in line with the appropriate requisition sheets
- Assist catering management in reviewing procurement planning
- Ensure that international standards of food hygiene and HACCP are followed at all times
- Ensure that all HACCP paperwork is completed in line with scheduled requirements
- Conduct daily checks on cold storage equipment and record operating temperatures, report any faults or incidents where temperature range is outside of permitted tolerances
- Minimise food wastage by correct stock rotation and highlighting short shelf life items to catering management
- Meet contract key performance indicators including maintaining client satisfaction levels are 95% or above for catering services
- Ensure the security of all company and client owned assets, report any damages and losses
- Monitor pest control and take appropriate action in the case of detection
HSQE Responsibilities and Information Security Responsibilities
- Awareness of the Integrated Management System and the content of the Environment, Quality, Health & Safety and Information Security Policy Statements.
- Understanding of personal responsibilities and contribution to achieving compliance with the Integrated Management System requirements, (including but not limited to competence to perform safety critical roles, legal requirements, control measures arisen from environmental impacts and aspects, job safety analysis and information security risk assessment) and the potential consequences of departure from the arrangements in place to deliver the commitments stated in the policies statements above;
- To exercise a personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions;
- Promote a good HSQE and Information Security culture within their departments and among their peers, subcontractors and third parties;
- Lead by example and look at ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimise the generation of waste through personal performance and raise recommendations on how to improve existing processes on this regard within/outside their departments through their Line Manager, Departmental Safety Meetings and any other appropriate available channels;
- Protect information assets and data including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, deliberate or accidental;
- Promote a good HSQE and Information Security culture among their peers, subcontractors and third parties
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
- To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organizational HSE responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
- Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
Safety Critical Responsibility
- Conduct regular reviews on the HSQE and Information Security Performance and seek ways to continually improve.
- Carry out regular safety tours and inspections.
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
- Good level of IT knowledge in Excel ( experience with Calc-Menu software an advantage)
- Strong verbal and written English language
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Currently hold a valid Fit to Handle Food Certificate
- Good interpersonal skills / client facing
- Ability to communicate with senior management
- Ability to positively influence the catering workforce
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to work without supervision
- Good Judgment and decision making
- Ability to react to changing priorities, high workloads and achieve time sensitive requests at short notice
- Minimum of 2 years working in military or remote sites / austere locations
- Previous experience with an Industrial catering operation for over 500 covers
- Minimum of 3 years knowledge of high volume Stock Control and Procurement Planning
- Knowledge of Health and Safety relating to catering operations
- Good working knowledge of HACCP
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.