Job description / Role
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
• Work with the kitchen Sous Chef and Executive Sous Chef to improve food quality, service, cleanliness, merchandizing and promotions.
• Train, supervise, counsel and discipline Culinary associates for the efficient operation of the outlet.
• Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes.
• Schedule and direct staff in their work assignments with the support of his Sous Chef.
• Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services. Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties.
• Organize special events in the restaurant such as promotions, receptions with the support of his Sous Chef.
• Maintain communications with all departments to ensure customer service needs are met.
• Develop, implement, and change menu items on an as-needed basis.
• Move throughout facilities and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality, kitchen safety and hygiene standards are met.
• Verify temperatures, judge appearance and taste of products and check preparation methods to determine quality. Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency.
• Maintain profitability of restaurants ensuring budgets are achieved and support overall hotel operation.
• Control food, payroll and equipment costs (minimizing loss and misuse). Ensure par stock levels are maintained. Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of Kitchen operation. Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures. Review, prepare and update forecasts as needed.
• Liaise and maintain good guest relations with patrons to ensure dining satisfaction is exceeded at all times.
• To be involved in other outlet operation to help improve the products and services.
• Monitor outlet activity and trouble shoot as needed.
• Attend outside as well as internal promotions, meetings or training to remain current with food and beverage knowledge.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Chef, Food and Beverage Manager.
About the Company
A joint venture between Nakheel and Spain's RIU Hotels & Resorts, RIU Dubai located at Deira Islands, is the emirate's first four-star, 24-hour all-inclusive beachfront resort.