Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
You will provide civil engineering services to Worley and its customers, including technical support and supervision within the civil engineering team.
- Be responsible for the successful delivery of infrastructure designs, including production of technical reports, written calculations, design briefs, specifications, drawings, schedules, contract documentation and the like.
- Able to work successfully with other members of the design and management team on multiple discipline projects, including, drafters / designers and supervising engineers.
- Ability to design retaining structures
- Supervision of project designated junior Engineers and draftsmen in the execution of their duties
- Technical supervision of project designated junior Engineers and draftsmen in the execution of their duties.
- Follow design guidelines, standards, and procedures to effectively execute assigned work.
- Prepare and adhere to assigned budgets and schedules, integrate team efforts, review work, set priorities, identify and resolve issues in a timely manner and communicate status to the Project Manager.
- Check compliance with QA/Safety/Environment goals.
- Quality Assurance - Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Worley Quality Management System.
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety and implementing safe working practices.
- HSE - Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
Industry Specific Experience:
- Experience in the design of a wide range of infrastructure projects.
- Familiarity with British, European and International standards and other construction practices to be utilised during project execution.
- Competent in the evaluation of the condition of existing structures, including condition surveys and projected maintenance programs.
- Able to develop, agree and manage design production schedules and manage junior staff.
- Have a proven track record of designing complex structures
- Competent in designing pavements and road networks
- Have proven experience in performing FEED and Detailed design Projects
- Have experience with Major Industrial Clients Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Chartered or working towards Civil or Structural Engineers.
- Experience working in the Middle East.
- Experience in ports and harbours.
- Experience in Industrial infrastructure Hubs and in particular in the Oil and Gas industry
- Experience in the Hydrogen and Ammonia Industry
- Experience in New Energy Solar or Wind Projects
- Experience in Pumping Stations & Systems
- Experience in Intakes & Outfalls
- Experience in Water Projects & Hydraulic Design
Education (qualifications, accreditation, training)
- Bachelor of engineering
- Chartership Considered a plus
- Pipelines design Considered a major plus
- Intakes and outfalls considered a major plus
Our goal is to develop and most importantly retain the people who share our vision and strategy. To help us achieve our vision and yours, apply now.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.