Job description / Role
We are looking for a Senior Civils Technician who will carry out all works as instructed in accordance with instructions, PPM and supporting procedures in a safe and efficient manner, to maintain a clean, comfortable and safe environment for patients, staff and visitors to our Hospital's core business.
The Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Preparing and interpreting architectural drawings, engineering design, blueprints and specifications regarding foundation, drainage, sewerage, construction, structures, roadways, paving and load bearing requirements.
• Have understanding and knowledge of soil composition, terrain, hydrology and geo-technics.
• Ability to complete projects consisting of new construction, extension, renovation and repairs of buildings, infrastructure, roads, roofing and fabric design to handover and occupation.
• Proficiency in CAD, auto-CAD, design, site development, planning, estimations, pricing & budgets
• Able to project manage and oversee contractors and sub-contractors engaged for civil works
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of local UAE planning and approval requirements and compliance with federal, emirate, building legislation.
• Development and implementation of site and safety implementation of projects.
• Advisory in regards to structural appraisal and recommendation, fittings and finishes, including floor, walls, ceilings and roofing.
• PPM and corrective maintenance procedures and policy in regards to all civil and estate management.
• Preparation and delivery of training and guidance to operators, contractors and Users.
• Attend and actively partake in safety committee, procurement committee, annual budget committee
• Responsible for grounds, gardens, landscaping and maintenance of the estate flora, fauna and ecology, including water or art / culture features.
• Conversant with and having a good understanding of the different materials and maintenance proce-dures required in construction and finishings, e.g floor, walls, ceilings, external fabric and façade.
• Minimum 8 years relevant experience in Civil Eng. / Tech. role
• BA / BSc. / Undergraduate Degree in Civil / Structural Eng.
• Registration with a Profession Body
About the Company
Ever since its founding, the VAMED group has understood health to be a global, sustainable and holistic asset. VAMED may refer to a record of international success in all healthcare areas - prevention, acute care, rehabilitation, and nursing.
VAMED's international portfolio comprises the entire value chain from project development via the planning and construction of a healthcare facility, to highly specialized commercial, infrastructure, and technical services.
The VAMED range of services is both wide and deep and, together with VAMED's value chain, forms our USP that has made VAMED a leading healthcare provider with a global reach.