Senior Cloud Analyst
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
Our client is a government organization in Abu Dhabi looking to hire a Sr. Cloud Analyst for their IT department.
The person will be responsible for the planning and design activities, installation, maintenance, and coordination activities of all Cloud solutions and Applications to address business requirements.
Act as the Subject Matter Expert for Azure Compute, Storage, Networking, and Security solutions.
• Act as the Subject Matter Expert for Azure Active Directory & Identity Management.
• Act as the Subject Matter Expert for Azure IaaS, PaaS, and other Cloud environments.
• Lead the technical planning and delivery of cloud projects, providing technical direction and guidance to
internal and external teams.
• Oversee all technical aspects of all Cloud solutions projects and lifecycle management.
• Ensures compliance with architectural and engineering policies, standards, and procedures.
• Deliver end-to-end automation of deployment, monitoring, and infrastructure management in the cloud
• Monitor and stay abreast of industry trends and anticipate the future direction of cloud application services,
infrastructure and cloud computing to innovate business solutions.
• Prepare Architecture designs and present them to the Architecture Review Board.
• Develops and review project scope to include work services estimate, services, resource assignments and
allocations, and statements of work for assigned projects.
• Carry out other similar or related duties as assigned by the line manager.
• University degree (mandatory)
• Certifications in Azure Cloud Architecture, O365 and Security (desired)
• +10 years’ experience in managing medium to large IT Infrastructure environments
• +5 years’ practical on-the-job experience in implementing and managing Azure cloud platforms
• +5 years of experience in working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers
(CASBs) and server virtualization technologies.
Proven and demonstrated knowledge of working with IaaS, PaaS on Azure and other Cloud environments
• Working Knowledge of the migrating of on-premise Virtual Machines, Databases and Applications to the Azure
• Working knowledge of MS Azure subscriptions, Management Groups, Azure Roles, Policies, Blueprints, Azure
Storage accounts, Apps service, Azure SQL
• Working Knowledge of Load balancers, securing API using latest technologies API Integration
• Working Knowledge of workloads hosted in the Azure Cloud Platform as a Service product such as Azure Kubernetes, Azure DataLake, Azure SQL, WebApps, AppServices, Azure App Service Fabric, App Service
• Working Knowledge of Azure Site Recovery, Backup solutions such as Veeam Availability Suite
• Experience in migration from on-premise environments to Office 365 products such as Exchange Online, OneDrive, MS Teams, SharePoint Online, Power BI Pro, and Power Apps
Experience with Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security products such as Intune, Azure Rights Management and Cloud App Security, Azure NSG, Azure WAF, Azure Security Centre, Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASBs), Cloud Security Monitoring and Compliance platforms, and Risk assessments related to Cloud
• Sound analytical and intellectual capabilities
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail • Good communication skills (spoken & written)
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with managers/staff from different cultural
• Demonstrable track record in leading IT Infrastructure related activities, projects, and operations.
• Proven project management skills, including a solid understanding of project control skills (risk management,
monitoring, and troubleshooting).
About the Company
Black Pearl is a human resources and recruitment agency that provides a holistic business and talent solution in a progressive, dynamic, and efficient way.
We pride ourselves as a unique black pearl and strive to delight our clients with a personalized partnership that helps them propel towards success.
Whether you need to find top talent, your next great job opportunity, or a consulting solution for managing your business, engaging employees, evolving your work culture, planning your people strategy, or resourcing challenges, we can help.