Job description / Role
About the Role:
A typical week would include:
Leading the marine modelling studies (wave transformation and penetration, extreme value analysis, wave overtopping, hydrodynamic, and morphodynamics - SWAN, MIKE21 BW, TELEMAC and SISYPHE) and the costal shore protection structures (revetments, breakwaters, crown walls and scourprotection).
* Setting-up and running numerical models
* Liaise with other team members to produce good hydraulic modelling and GIS outputs as per client specifications.
* Analysis of data and data acquisition from various sources for metocean reports.
* Report writing and working with other team members to achieve goal and meet clients needs.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Minimum B.E in Civil Engineering
* MS/M.Tech in Coastal / Ocean Engineering would be highly advantageous.
* Experience in TELEMAC, MIKE21, SWAN, SBEACH, MATLAB, etc.
* Experience in navigation and mooring analysis (with SHIPMA and OPTIMOOR) would be an additional advantage
* Minimum 10 years experience
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognize the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.