Job description / Role
Responsible for setting the strategic direction and goals for the Commercial Dept., ensuring execution of all agreed commercial strategies, including contractor and consultant management, in a manner which "de-risks" such activities and meets strategic goals and objectives.
A renowned property & construction firm.
* Responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Contract Administration Policies and Procedures
* Develops the departmental budgets for the procurement and contracts, tendering functions and monitor performance against budgets
* Establish and build professional relations with strategic suppliers/ contractors with a view to leveraging these relationships to secure the best outcomes
* Responsible for ensuring confidentiality and integrity of the procurement and purchase processes to the extent that they can withstand audit and compliance reviews
* Directing the Commercial functions and oversee all procurement activities and processes, applying best-practice, tools, and techniques, in accordance with procurement governance, processes, standards, and procedures
* Develop, monitor, drive and report on activities including but not limited to; Project Execution Strategies, Procurement Strategies, Tendering (including active and in-depth participation in reviewing technical submissions, bidder interviews, alternate solutions, Value Engineering activities), Negotiations (terms and conditions for the contract, price), etc.
A lucrative and challenging role with a renowned property & construction firm
* Experience of working in property & construction.
* Experienced and committed to working in a company wide collaborative environment, particularly in a support role to other departmental functions
* In depth understanding of performance measurement methodologies, earned value techniques and project scheduling and cost management as these impact on contract preparation/ execution and claims
* Experienced in understanding project planning, assessing /anticipating project demands in terms of labour, materials, equipment and technical challenges and the corresponding impacts of these issues on tendering and execution.
* Ability to review cost and schedule baselines to detect and highlight areas of concern prior to them becoming problem areas.
* Experienced in analysis of and responses to claims
* Experienced in risk assessment and risk management
* Experienced in developing RFPs from "raw" scope and other inputs
* Experience in international contracting mechanisms, specifically FIDIC based and various Method of Measurements;
* Relevant minimum 20 years of experience.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Senior Procurement Officer
The Department of Culture and Tourism - Abu Dhabi
|Abu Dhabi||20 Sep|
Procurement Bid Lead
Contracts / Commercial Manager - Main Contractor
Big Fish Recruitment
Procurement and Contracts Officer
Head of Procurement
RTC-1 Employment Services