Job description / Role
The Senior Commercial Director will pursue the integrated commercial success of the organisation and programmes under management. The role requires strong commercial and technical experience, together with people management, stakeholder management and business development input to ensure the business goals and objectives can be met.
Our client is an established real estate & construction company that is developing multiple projects across the region. Project typologies include hospitality, retail, commercial and residential community masterplans.
* Establish and deliver robust procurement strategies for works packages in tight time frames using best-in-class methods.
* Review and prepare invitations to tender for works packages including specialist disciplines ensuring no scope gap in packages, no overlap or duplication in related packages and avoidance of VO's wherever possible.
* Work with design department and design consultants to ensure timely and complete IFT & IFC documentation with comprehensive coverage of scope requirements
* Review tender submissions and assist in their evaluation for recommendation to the Employer
* Lead negotiations to facilitate the placing and compliant execution of prime contracts, sub contracts, nominations, LPO's etc on a best-for-project basis
* Negotiate and clarify contractual requirements in meetings with consultants, contractors and vendors.
* Manage, motivate and develop a team of both pre and post contract commercial staff. Robustly manage and oversee output, performance and delivery of all cost consultants assigned to the company and/or project in pre and post contract phases
* Contract drafting including risk assessment & operational management of risk
* Define, own and manage the 5D BIM programme
* Pre, during and post tender analysis, tender evaluation and BAFO/LAFO negotiation and agreements
* Contract administration through to final account and DLP requirements
* Best-in-class management of FIDIC and other contract templates
* Best-in-class claims experience
* Responsible for conflict avoidance/resolution, dispute management and resolution
* Stakeholder management internally and externally
* Manage and liaise with external Legal Counsel on construction contract-related matters
* Ability to work unsupervised.
* Provide commercial and contractual guidance to assigned personnel and ensure proficiency and timeliness of contract administration.
* Make staffing assignments and reassignments as Company and project needs arise. Recruit, interview, and evaluate prospective and current employees.
* Collaborate with divisional and project management to ensure proper support in contract negotiations and administration.
* Draft, review and manage requests for proposals to identify risks and contractual terms not conforming to Company policy.
* Negotiate the more difficult, complex, or sensitive issues with clients whilst maintaining relationships intact.
* Maintain an active participation in related professional societies, forums and entities to keep abreast of relevant industry issues.
* Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be deemed appropriate.
* Leadership role
* Career growth
* Portfolio exposure
* Multi-billion AED project exposure
* Competitive package
* Direct reporting line to board and C suite
* 5-day week
* Bachelor's degree in Quantity Surveying from a reputed university
* 20+ years of experience
* Experience on mixed use development projects
* Experience in PMO/PMC projects.
* MRICS, MCIPS, or equivalent
* Comprehensive knowledge of industry business practices and the negotiation of prime contracts
* Working knowledge of PC software packages typically associated with contract administration.
* Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Abu Dhabi||29 Jul|