Job description / Role
Working with a leading international Project Management Consultancy as they require a Senior Commercial Manager on a large scale Residential development in the UAE.
• Assist in reviewing contractual notices of claims and providing contractual advice to the Project Team in administering the Construction and Design Contract(s).
• Liaise with the Client representatives, the Project Management Consultant, Design and other Consultants and relevant Contractors regarding all contractual matters.
• Assist in drafting Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Tender documents for design, engineering, and/or construction services for approval.
• Review all contract documents to ensure congruity and to minimize patent and latent ambiguities.
• Assist with administration of ongoing Contracts, including monitoring Contractor and Consultant compliance with the Contract documents.
• Review and advise on design submissions and cost plans submitted by consultants, including Pre Tender Estimates.
• Prepares correspondence and maintains records necessary to ensure the effective administration of all Contractual matters, including the issue of Engineers Instructions and Variation Orders.
• Facilitates the preparation of Contract change and prepares the relevant change management documentation and variation orders.
• Facilitates the contract close-out procedures to ensure that all terms and conditions of contracts have been complied with before final payment to the contractor.
• Ensures that all contractual procedures are implemented and maintained.
• Assists in the review and assessment of Contractor’s claims in accordance with the provisions of the Conditions of Contract and ensures the Client’s interests are protected.
• Ensures all warranties, bonds, insurances, guarantees, etc., are in place and maintained and updated according to the Contract and comply with the Clients requirements.
• Assists, monitors, and manages the Estimating and Project Control teams regarding contractual implications of change orders.
• Review all the cost assessments.
• Prepare for review Recommendations for Release of Retention and Bonds.
• Prepare monthly Cost Reports and contribute as necessary to risk and other reporting.
• Assist, review, and approve the preparation of Monthly Progress Reports.
• Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of Engineer’s Instructions, Variation Orders and Claim Logs.
• Prepare procurement strategy documents.
• Prepare and manage the procurement schedule.
• Manage and advise on procurement as necessary, including review of documents for issuing to bidders and preparation of Tender Reports and other documents for assessment of tenders.
• Assist with and where prepare estimates and as necessary, carry out tender analysis and benchmarking.
AED 50,000 to 55,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Medical
• BSc Degree in Quantity Surveying or Engineering
• 17 or more years’ experience
• Professional Membership such as RICS, CIOB, and CIArb with additional qualifications in construction contract law is desirable.
• Pre and post-contract experience working for Cost Consultants/Developers/Contractors or Project Managements Consultants essential.
About the Company
We’re experts in helping jobseekers, like you, find fulfilling and prosperous careers. Whether you’re looking for your first ever role or a more senior position, we can help you apply, interview and secure your dream job.
Despite our size and global scope, we pride ourselves on our ability to make every jobseeker, client and employee feel valued.
Our core specialisms (with offices based across the UK) include:
- Business Support - Sales, Marketing, Retail, Call centres, Secretarial and Admin
- CPE - Construction, Property and Engineering
- Digby Morgan - HR
- Financial services
- Accountancy and finance
- Inhouse Services
- Student and Worker Support
Senior Commercial Manager
Contract / Commercial Manager
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Saudi Arabia||1 Sep|
Contracts & Procurement Lead