Job description / Role
Currie & Brown has a range of opportunities across its Middle East offices, and we are currently looking for a highly professional western senior commercial manager at associate director level for various building projects in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as preferred service provider.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
• Providing accurate cost advice and reporting to our clients
• Managing, leading and co-ordinating a team of cost managers within a live project environment
• Efficiently analysing existing project data
• Setting up and managing workshops to achieve the required cost savings
• Providing ad-hoc high-level strategic proposals as and when required
• Delivering projects, commissions and professional assignments
• Maintaining effective communication to ensure all information is available for the successful completion of projects; liaising with other managers to ensure efficient financial control
• Undertaking commercial management services with limited supervision
• Delivering all work outputs in an accurately and timely manner
• Representing the company in a professional and diligent manner; meeting, negotiating and corresponding with clients to form strong working relationships in true partnership
• BSc in quantity surveying or equivalent
• Western national
• Membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
• A minimum of 10 years’ technical delivery experience gained within a global construction consultancy
• Pre- and post-contract experience
• Middle East experience
• Good technical writing, client-facing and communication skills (both internal and external)
• Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
• A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
• Experience across a variety of sectors, including residential, retail, education, infrastructure, commercial and leisure projects in excess of $1 billion
• Experience of managing and leading cost management teams within a live project environment
About the Company
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading asset management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
We operate throughout the world and have offices in North America, Central America, Europe, the Middle East, India and the Far East.