Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking.
Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are looking for experienced Independent Commissioning Agent (ICA) professionals to join our Commissioning team. As an ICA, you will be managing the Commissioning activities of various building Construction projects throughout the Design, Construction and warranty phases. ICA will serve as the lead Commissioning authority and lead or perform Commissioning tasks and responsibilities as outlined in CIBSE Commissioning Manuals & ASHRAE Commissioning Guideline.
WSP welcomes applications for part time and flexible working and would be happy to discuss potential options with you as part of your application.
Your new role, what's involved?
You will be accountable for providing technical expertise by reviewing the contractor's plans, procedures and logic sequences. ICA should have a proactive approach and anticipate issues based on your past Testing &Commissioning experience and proven experience in working with multiple stakeholders in a complex environment. ICA will witness key testing hold points and maintain a dashboard of the progress onsite for the different stages of testing as required for various Green Building Certification systems such as LEED, Estidama, Mostadam, GSAS etc. ICA will be liaising and coordinating with a substantial number of Design & Build packages including, civil and MEP facilities. The role requires to maintain a continuous coordination effort to bring all the project interfaces together as an integrated system.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* At least 15/20 years' experience as the Independent Commissioning Agent (ICA) / Commissioning Authority (CxA) on numerous LEED or other Green Building projects.
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
* A Commissioning certification from the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE BCxP) or the Associated Air Balance Council (AABC) Commissioning Group (ACG) or the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE).
* LEED Accredited Professional certification.
* E. license or Chartership is preferred.
* Commissioning experience on new and existing building retrofits and in all stages of the project, including Concept Design, Schematic Design, Detailed Design, Tender, Construction, Close-out, Warranty and Operational stages.
* Extensive experience in the testing, balancing, Commissioning, operation and troubleshooting of Heating, Ventilating, and Air conditioning (HVAC) systems, Energy management and building control systems, Plumbing and drainage systems, Fire protection and alarm systems, etc,
* Experience with other building systems such as Power, Information Technology (IT), Fire Alarm/Life-Safety, Security Systems, Energy Meters/Sub-Meters, or other Electrical/ Low-voltage Systems.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.