Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
- Participate in and advise on all mechanical construction activities and initiatives
- To ensure the Contractor and sub-contractors perform the work to agreed scope of work, specifications and schedules all to an acceptable standard
- Supervise the contractor and sub-contractor personnel to ensure contractor performs all work to agreed standards for safety, health and environment and to attaining high levels of HSE performance
- Ensure assigned scope of work is carried out without any significant HSE incidents
- Ensure the work is carried out in time and in accordance with scope of work, specification and quality requirement
- Promote HSE awareness and ensure that all Project HSE requirements are implemented and adhered to
- Responsible for mechanical construction activities through the contractors supervision in respect of HSE, method, working practices, quality and timely execution of the works
- Advise Project staff on best practices
- Responsible for the Project staff aspect of Risk Management to ensure all risks / opportunities are identified and appropriate controls / mitigations developed and implemented
- Ensure that construction hazards and risks are fully considered by designers and contractors and that appropriate mitigation actions are implemented, and appropriate action taken
- To be fully familiar with the contractors methods of construction, schedule and procedure
- Initiate and manage the mechanical project element of the continuous improvement processes
- Monitor site activities for potential contractual / claims problems
- Maintain records of site activities and check Contractor records for accuracy
- Carry out inspection, surveillance witnessing of contractor activities, ensuring records are maintained, including as-built data
- Endorse daily progress report and time sheets
- Detailing the work progress, number of contractor personnel and equipment available on site and other related items identified in the scope of work.
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering from a recognized university
- Experience in construction roles and execution of major oil and gas onshore projects, of which a minimum of 5 years experience as Senior Construction Engineer or higher
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.