Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East, North Africa and India hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
Senior Construction Manager - Buildings Project
• The successful applicant will need to have experience in coordinating and managing multiple contractors and demonstrate the ability to build robust relationships and integrated teams.
• Working in a client facing role, responsible for the direct management of the international and local contractors on site.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Managing the construction delivery of the entire packages of this mega-project.
• Giving direct on-site leadership and management of contractors.
• Providing on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
• Developing a high performing team that strives for quality, safety, cost and schedule improvements at every opportunity with all delivery partners.
• Managing, through and alongside the consultants, all aspects of HSQE.
• Providing status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership.
• Managing project scope and changes.
• Driving delivery on site with a particular focus to the complex structural steel elements.
• Solving problems, managing temporary works, logistics and site-wide coordination.
• Delivering appropriate and effective executive level communication.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• Minimum of 12 years’ postgraduate experience in a similar role.
• Proven track record of working within a large construction project.
• Experience in structure steel and complex temporary works is an advantage.
• Extensive experience in buildings project is an advantage - hotels/mixed-use/commercial.
• Dubai experience is essential for client approval.
• Detailed knowledge and appreciation of health and safety is essential.
• Strong management skills and commercial awareness.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, using a flexible pragmatic approach.
• Excellent organisation, delegation and communication skills.
• Ability to work within a high performing team that continuously outperforms expectations and objectives.
• A degree qualification is essential for client approval.
• Professional memberships are an advantage but are not essential.
"Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel."
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.