Job description / Role
The Construction Manager, under the Resident Engineer's supervision is responsible for the management of the works on site on behalf of ADP IngÃ©nierie: progress, quality and interfaces between the Client/PMC, Consulting Engineer and the contractors. The Construction Manager supervises the planning, coordination and implementation of construction projects in accordance with the contract, the codes & standards, and specifications, to the highest professional standards.
This role will report directly to the Resident Engineer and/or Project Manager.
The role involved, inter alia, the management of the daily activities and performance of the Supervision team . He/She has relation with:
- All the local staff
- All the external entities necessary to his/her job execution i.e. constant liaisons with the Client/PMC, Contractor(s) and other Consultants (when applicable) on project related matters.
Site Management & Deliverables - Construction Stage
- Review/Prepare a site mobilization package for temporary facilities including site security and safety, independent testing services and camp development.
- Review site activities and site related deliverables of the Supervision team and Contractor(s) during pre-construction phase.
- Assist for the preparation of project execution plan.
- Develop and implement a constructability program to maximize the advantage of early reviews during on-site design process.
- Plan, mobilize and assign tasks to construction Supervision Team(s) for each construction area (Contracts)
- Lead and supervise a team of multi engineering disciplines staff and contractor
- Effectively evaluate technical proposals and its constructability, technology deployment, solving the technical site problems that may arise during construction.
- Implement methods for dispute avoidance and resolution study
- To lead expert team on Testing & Commissioning Procedure setting up.
- Familiarize construction supervision personnel with the site and with contract obligations.
- Hold preconstruction conferences and respond to construction related correspondence
- Check/review Health & Safety measures at site.
- Overview and supervise review of materials, shop drawings, method statements, mockups, etcâ€¦ and ensure these reviews are executed on time.
- Monitor the progress, schedule and coordination of the contractors by the Supervision Team
- Prepare recommendations for the Resident Engineer in order to alert the Client regarding anticipated claims.
- Assist in preparing project specific construction management procedures (if required).
- Review project execution for compliance with contract requirements.
- Review contract requirements for notices contractors must supply including changes to scope or time of performance, delay of work caused by others, untimely client furnished equipment/materials, force majeure events, and changed site conditions.
- Monitor quality controls and the labs management by Consulting Engineer.
- Monitor contractual issues of the contractors.
- Coordinate and brief the Client regarding all matters related to the construction (when required).
- When requested, contributes to the engineering design phases of projects through participation in constructability reviews, lessons learnt and providing feedback on scopes of work to project managers.
Communication & Management
- Ensure good internal coordination between engineers, secretaries and other project staff of ADPI at site.
- Monitor performance of the construction management staff.
- Manage ADPi staff on site including engineers.
- Organize internal and external site meetings
- Oversight of contractor activities to ensure projects are executed in a safe, secure and environmentally sound manner.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering with 15 years of experience on large sized construction projects out of which 5 years in Airport construction projects or equivalent 25 years site & engineering experience
- Knowledge of airport infrastructure and systems
- Knowledge in Testing & Commissioning Activities
- Knowledge of local laws and regulations
- Experienced in managing and coordinating project tasks an d trade Engineering
- Significant Experience on Contracting works
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable of establishing respect and credibility through actions, communications, understanding, and personal presence.
- Must be very organized and have effective problem solving, leadership and negotiation skills
- Fluent in English; reading, writing and speaking
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- General computer proficiency and good knowledge
About the Company
ADP Ingenierie, a wholly-owned Groupe ADP subsidiary, is a French engineering company that carries out architectural and engineering activities worldwide dealing with design of new airports or existing airports development.
Its teams of experts can accompany a project from the initial design to operational stages and group together multiple skills, from engineering to architecture, studies and the supervision of works.
With 400 employees of 46 nationalities working in 19 different countries, ADP Ingenierie is presently carrying out over 130 projects concurrently worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Saudi Arabia||22 May|