Job description / Role
Build and test interface design and provide interface support during implementation activities.
We're changing how people think about health and care. We have a passion for new ideas that are changing the world by the minute. Cerner has been improving health care IT for more than 30 years. We strive to deliver value in all we do, and support organizations to deliver the quadruple aim of healthcare. Our technology supports health care systems, hospitals, GPs, and community services to be the best they can be and to deliver connected, safe care.
Within our Integrated Technologies Consulting team, the Foreign System Integration (FSI) team is responsible for the integration of various third-party solutions with the Cerner EMR system. The FSI team offers the opportunity to be part of an innovative fast-paced unit with all the rewards and unique capability to enable our clients to deliver patient care more efficiently.
As an Interface Engineer II in Consulting Org Tech Delivery, you will be installing/configuring Cerner interfaces to connect with disparate systems and code custom interfaces as well. You will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving complex interface issues, which would require a good understanding of networking, database querying, and programming concepts. An Interface Engineer II is also expected to support interface validation/testing/deployment/documentation during the life cycle of the project.
The role requires constant communication with the clients, vendors, and project counterparts during the project cycle, which will call for working during the Middle East hours of the day. Your guidance will be needed in establishing an effective methodology of deployment that follows industry standard consulting practices ensuring the quality of our deliveries.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field, or 4 years equivalent relevant work experience, plus;
- 2 years of higher education and/or additional work experience directly related to the duties of the job including:
- At least 1 year of system administration and/or system engineering work experience
- 3 plus years of industry experience is mandatory.
- Experience with an integration engine (Mirth, Cloverleaf, Corepoint etc.)
- Experience with HL7/X12 standards
- Ability to travel up to 80%
- Willing to work overtime or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Fluent in English
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, learn on the fly, and critical thinking.
- Ability to manage objections and drive to group consensus.
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.