Job description / Role
Mott MacDonald is a £1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 180 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Main Purpose of the Job:
We are looking for a Senior Asset Management Consultant to strengthen our Advisory team in the Middle East. The candidates will fulfil the role of technical advisor and project manager to lead asset management services in respect of asset assessment, facilities management and asset operations solutions across the complete asset life cycle from project conception, through financial close to construction and operational monitoring. The candidates will also deliver new project opportunities with current and prospective customers and assist in the development of new specialist services.
Leading on asset management services in respect of facilities management and asset operations solutions across the complete project life cycle from project conception, through financial close to construction and operational monitoring, to include
- Asset management benchmarking studies
- Analysis of performance and cost information for efficiency assessment
- Development of asset management tools and processes to add value to client operations
- Development and appraisal of capital and operational solutions
- Development and review of whole-life costing
- Procurement and outsourcing advice
- Production of service requirements / specifications, payment mechanisms and appraisal of contractor's proposals / method statements
- Contract management, performance monitoring, and due diligence appraisals and reports
- Create and develop client relationships to provide good prospects and repeat business
- Preparation of Expression of interest (EOI's), Pre-qualification questionnaires (PQQ's) and tender proposals
- Production of presentations and participation in tender interviews
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree (or equivalent) and membership of a related professional body
- Well organised, with strong planning and management skills
- Broad range of asset planning experience
- Strong familiarity with risk-based methods of investment planning
- Highly numerate, with strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and report-writing skills
- Proven project management, client liaison and consulting skills
- Knowledge and practical experience of PAS55/ISO55000
- Knowledge and practical experience of asset management tools e.g. Maximo
- Willingness to undertake assignments across the Middle East
- Being able to assess situations in the context of the full business ecosystem
- Continuously looking for innovations and improvements to manage workload and accomplish deliverables across individuals, teams and projects
- Using leadership skills to build and nurture relationships and also creating effective working environments
- Able to manage multiple teams with diverse backgrounds on geographically and culturally diverse teams
- In Mott MacDonald, we have a strong policy ethical behaviour and expect the highest standards of ethical practice. These are at the core of our corporate values hence do not engage in any aspects of bribery or corrupt practice. As such, we expect staff must always act:
- With integrity
- With due skill, care and diligence
- In good faith, and
- In compliance with all applicable laws
- Adopting an adaptive mindset and using strategic and critical thinking to approach problems in a new way
- Ability to deal efficiently with priorities and manage time appropriately
- Advanced level proficiency with all MS Office products, including: Outlook; Word; Excel; and PowerPoint
- A dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels including external stakeholders
- Ensure MacDonald HSE policies are at the forefront of all activities
- Adopting a proactive approach towards complex tasks and overall delivery
- Sound knowledge of professional and international standards
About the Company
The Mott MacDonald Group is a diverse management, engineering and development consultancy delivering solutions for public and private clients world-wide.
Mott MacDonald's uniquely diverse 1 billion global consultancy works across 12 core business areas.
As one of the world's largest employee-owned companies with over 14,000 staff, we have principal offices in nearly 50 countries and projects in 140.