Job description / Role
Faithful+Gould, is an international Project Management and Cost Consultancy services provider which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the well-renowned larger groups, Atkins and SNC Lavalin. We are the largest consultant by the chartered staff with the regional headquarter in Dubai, and offices in Abu Dhabi, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. Our Middle East and India presence is complemented by our operations across Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and our 2,400 plus global staff.
You will be working in a specialist claims business unit within Faithful+Gould providing claims, disputes, planning, scheduling, delay and quantum analyses services to clients in the Middle East.
We are looking for an experienced claims consultant to be based in our Abu Dhabi office. A successful candidate will join the Middle East claims team as a quantum claims consultant with following responsibilities:
• A solid QS with an exposure to claims to quantify damages and final accounts of construction claims / projects
• Preparation and review of claims and counterclaims in respect of extension of time (EOT), disruption, prolongation, loss and expense, and liquidated damages
• Preparation of proposals for cost claims assessing hours and resource required for final accounts
• Forensic investigation into the causes of delay and preparation of the narratives
• Assisting preparation of expert advice, reports and presentations
• Assisting preparation of dispute resolution advice and assistance, including preparation of documentation in support of arbitrations, mediations and other ADR procedures
• Managing junior consultants as necessary
• Developing and maintaining good working relationships with lawyers, clients, and construction professionals
• Keeping up-to-date with current techniques of claims and project data analysis
• Delivering services regionally
• A solid QS with 10 - 15 years’ relevant experience including some GCC experience
• Qualifications: QS, engineering, or other construction related degree
• Professional claims preparation experience in a fast paced environment is a must
• Western educated native English speaker with excellent narrative writing skills is a must
• Minimum of one full cycle or equivalent experience with an oil & gas project in the past 5 years is a must
• Experience in assisting in dispute resolution, arbitration, mediation, litigation, and/or expert witness report preparation is a plus
• Well versed in contract terms
• Ability to positively contribute to the business development
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary
• Transportation allowance
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Annual leave
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Company gratuity scheme
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Contracts Administrator (Disputes & Arbitration)
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Ras Al Khaimah||4 Nov|
Operations Manager - Civil Buildings Contractor
BAC Middle East
Project Manager - Civils Construction