Job description / Role
Senior Consultant / Manager, Climate Change and sustainability Services
Our CCaSS team seeks to build a better working world by helping businesses and governments respond to societal, environmental and economic challenges. They help businesses understand and evaluate the broader value impacts and outcomes associated with their organizations, operations, programs and projects. Our global team is multidisciplinary and combines our core knowledge in accounting and reporting with knowledge in technical and regulatory sustainability issues.
Our teams help clients improve and report on their sustainability performance. Specifically, we help clients manage emerging risks, and reduce costs through the design and implementation of systems and processes and leverage opportunities in areas such as climate change, health and safety, labor rights, nonfinancial reporting, supply chain and environmental management.
The EY CCaSS team is actively looking for a senior consultant / Assistant Manager with climate change and sustainability consulting experience or background, including exposure to energy management, green building, HSE management systems, sustainable value creation, sustainability digitization, business model innovation, sustainable supply chain and reporting.
We are at the forefront of current trends in climate change and sustainability and we engage with clients at all levels to provide insight into these developments. We want candidates who are dedicated and capable of helping us to develop our dynamic sustainability practice that is focused on making the difference for our clients as they navigate this agenda.
Your key responsibilities
In this role, you will work as part of a wider team to support business development efforts, win project work and advise EY's clients on sustainability advisory and related services. You will also contribute to the development of a market leading team that is capable of providing board level strategic advice and winning large transformation engagements that leverage the wider competencies of EY. Working with EY CCaSS local / regional teams to deliver and execute projects efficiently with a high quality standard will also be essential.
If you have commercial/consulting experience in the following areas, we want to hear from you - energy management; sustainability reporting; green building; HSE systems; sustainability transformation; sustainability strategy; sustainable supply chain, valuing sustainability
Skills and attributes for success
- Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment.
- Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills.
- This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role you must have
- 3+ years of experience in a position focused on sustainability advisory
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, for example engineering or environmental science
- Understanding of the key energy, green building and sustainability issues and drivers and how they link to business value
- Proven track - record of project management and delivery, in particular large scale consulting engagements around sustainability
- General understanding of sustainability best practices in areas of transformation, supply chain, digitization, business model innovation and value measurement
- Exceptional commercial and leadership skills combined with entrepreneurial mind set
- Strong technical, quantitative and analytical skills
Ideally you'll also have
- Relevant professional qualifications an advantage
- Track record with a leading consulting firm
- Proficiency in the Arabic language
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What working at EY offers
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region