Job description / Role
WSP is looking for a Senior Contracts Engineer to administer all matters related to contracts management for a major infrastructure construction supervision project in Abu Dhabi.
A typical week would include:
• Review all contract documents to ensure congruity and to minimize latent ambiguities
• Monitor all the contractual aspect and report directly to senior contracts engineer and management.
• Provide the required contractual support, assistance and advice on all aspects of contractual activities covering claims, variation and payments
• Provide detailed evaluation of potential claim impact, to the Project Management team
• Prepare tender and contract documents as required
• Identify, analyze and develop responses to contractual matters.
• Evaluation of interim and final payments certificates.
• Proactively manage and maintain comprehensive claims documentation
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
• Membership from Chartered Surveyors
• Minimum 20 years of experience in similar capacity in major civil infrastructure projects
• Have both pre and post contract administration experience
• Experience in Construction Law
• Good knowledge of construction and contract terminology.
• Experience in the administration of commercial and/or governmental contracts is preferred.
• Specialized courses or certificates in pricing, contract law, claims, negotiations and accounting is preferred
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.