Job description / Role
In consultation with the Lead Contract Specialist, review scopes of work, develop suitable pricing structures and prepare tender documents with suitable conditions whilst ensuring that company policies and procedures are followed.
Formulate suitable tender strategies depending upon the scope, value, type and time schedule, with inclusion of the proposed bidders list for committee approval.
• A leading Oil and Gas firm
• Working within the Company's Projects Team, conduct the full end to end contracting process from concept to close-out for high value complex contracts.
• Actively participate in strategy formulation and drafting of contract strategies for approval.
• Draft tender documents in collaboration with the project team members. Review technical documents for inclusion within tenders and propose amendments to align with contract requirements and terminology. Assist Projects team in selecting criteria for bid evaluation.
• Perform bid administration functions: coordinate responses and issuance of clarifications and amendments to tenders. Conduct overall review of the technical bids for completeness, follow-up with tenderers for missing documents and facilitate technical/ commercial clarifications.
• Arrange and coordinate technical evaluation of bids by Projects team members. Finalize technical evaluation submissions and obtain approval for the commercial bid opening.
• Prepare price comparisons and sensitivity analysis for complex price structures to obtain the best commercial option. Propose recommended bidder for award through consultation with Lead Contracts Specialist. Prepare Bid Committee submission to obtain approval for commercial evaluation and award of the contract.
• Conduct day to day administration and management of contracts, correspondence and documents filing - hard copy and electronic, recording and management of minutes of meeting, etc.
• Analyze and make recommendation to the Lead Contracts Specialist for the analysis of entitlement to Variations and settlement of claims, time extension requests etc.
• Post contract administration of Change Orders, settlement of disputes, claims, etc.
• Through consultation with the Lead Contracts Specialist, advise in implementing contract requirements and interpreting contract terms
• Ensures that completion certificates and performance evaluations are prepared and duly signed upon completion of contracted work.
• Obtain feedback from projects team for implementing future improvements in contracts.
• Champion implementation of Company safety, security, environment and quality policies and programs in contracting.
• An exciting role with a leading oil and gas firm.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications / Certifications Required:
• University Degree in Engineering / Supply Chain / Sciences or related field.
• MCIPS or other equivalent designations and credentials will be an advantage.
Minimum Professional Experience Required:
• 10-12 years max. professional experience working on high value complex O&G projects, executing Pre and Post Award Contract Management on Major Construction Projects with individual Contract Values $10M up to $500M and total project values $100M.
• Strong planning and coordination skills.
• Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
• Strong relationship and influencing skills.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.