Job description / Role
Senior Contracts Officer - Iraq & UAE
GCG Engineering Services today is the provider of the products and work services mostly in the Oil Field Company and it was committed to deliver the latest technologies available in the world markets staying in tune with the phenomenal advance in the pace of development UAE and in the Middle East region such as Pakistan and Iraq.
GCG Engineering Services Division - General Trading of Electronic Precisions Instruments, Transmitters, Flow Meters, Pumps, Vibration Monitoring and Telecommunication Equipment specialized in Oil & Gas Fields.
Also staying in tune with the phenomenal growth of UAE, GCG Engineering Services Division has established Low Current Contracting Division for the Supply, Installation and Commissioning of Turn Key Projects specialized in Preparation of Control Rooms, Structured Cabling CAT6, CAT7 Fiber, Security CCTV and Access Control, Public Address, Raised Flooring, UPS systems, Air-conditioning, Video Walls, Fire Fighting FM200 and all relates accessories from Fiber transmitters to Wireless Communications.
Through its strategic alliances with international brands, GCG Engineering Services has established an unassailable reputation in meeting its clients' requirements through premium quality standards, after sales service and technical support.
• Main responsibility to draft, review, analyze risk, make recommendation for the Contracts received or issued by GCG. Mainly towards Iraq contracts, and similar responsibility towards the letter of credit LC, including follow up on Letter of credits received and invoicing
• Regulatory officer to register and maintain agencies, especially HW fire Alarm, and sponsorship agreement. And to renew these agencies with MoE.
• Prepare submittals and follow-up on product approvals with Civil Defense, municipalities and other government bodies.
• Coordinate with GTI Legal Div. for major Contracts and follow up on legalizations matters.
• Registration/Renewals with Govt Authorities
• Custodian for Agencies registration & renewals, Sponsorship Agreement registration & renewals with Ministry of Exterior (MOE)
• Custodian for product approvals, registration, renewals or amendments for fire alarm agencies with Civil Defense
• Prepare all Arabic Official Correspondence to be submitted to Authorities
• Reviewing and handling contracts especially contracts related to Iraq operation
• Review and prepare LC documents and follow up with banks for LC submittals and claims (mostly Iraq Operation)
• Support Iraq operation team with all admin assistance
• Evaluate contract risks
Scope - The role is advisory to GM, coordinating with employees and team members. The level of decision making responsibility/authority varies on a project-to-project basis. The job will have full autonomy for small to medium projects and shared responsibility for larger projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Law or Economy or similar.
• Arabic Language is mandatory for Government relation.
• 3-5 years
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Good command in English, Arabic mother tongue.
• Experience in legal matters.
• Experience in banking matters (LC & Transfers)
• Experience in government relations.
About the Company
Incepted in the late 70's, Ghobash Group has become one of the resilient business conglomerates in UAE. The privately-owned group has expanded to geographies across the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Europe through its diversified business arms.
Focused on growth through value-creation, Ghobash Group has advanced with successful milestones over the years in its business industries: Technology, Chemicals, Engineering, Oil & Gas, Water, Energy, Pharmaceutical, Retail, Trading and Real Estate.
CNS, GCG Office Imaging, Tawazon Chemical, E&I Emirates, GCG Engineering Services, Arabian Ethicals, Ataya Fashion, Prime Hospitality, and Makeen Properties. The Group has also formed Joint Ventures over the years such as Sahara Center sustaining its momentum of successful milestones throughout the years.
Sustainability, innovation, diversification, and ownership are amongst the key values the Group has been practicing for decades. Working with partners, who share the same values, the Group has added value throughout the years through profitable investment opportunities in both the private and public sectors.
In depth experience, combined with a granular knowledge of the regional economy, enables Ghobash Group to identify, and provide access to the best business opportunities across the region.
Committed to diversified growth, Ghobash Group is headquartered in the United Arab Emirates and services through its offices and factories in Saudi Arabia, Oman, India, Iraq, and Africa.
The Group values its people as family and its customers as long term partners. Embracing excellence yet keeping it personal is a key strength of the Group which is a characteristic that has not faded since its inception.
Driving success through its people and partners, with its diverse business arm, Ghobash group aims to continue to grow adding value with every opportunity, every transaction, every employee life, every partner business, every community across varied geographies.
Together we make a difference.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Government Entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah
|Ras Al Khaimah||13 Jan|
Procurement and Contracts Specialist
A Leading Property Developer Company in UAE
Petrochem Middle East
Procurement & Contracts Specialist (Aircraft)
Customer Service Representative
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL)