Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you will be doing
We are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Corporate Project Manager to support our Chief of Staff in driving and accelerating Group priorities.
As Senior Corporate Project Manager, you will be required to display high emotional intelligence, great influencing skills, in particular managing upwards, as well as initiative and autonomy to break down silos and ensure that all stakehold ers are aligned regarding win-win solutions to achieve group objectives.
Acting as an Internal Consultant, this person will be accountable to ensure a highly effective Group governance, projects accelerations, to foster collaboration across all verticals, to drive initiatives of Group's interest, to pilot cross-functional projects, and to collaborate with the communication team
The role holder reports to and works closely with the Chief of staff in managing the different Group committees. Key responsibilities will include preparing for and leading meetings under the supervision of the Chief of Staff, whilst also conducting one-to-one meetings with key stakeholders to ensure adherence to plan and progress against objectives. The role holder supports strategic initiatives and reports on progress to Chief of Staff, and where necessary raise alerts where there is slippage.
- Support Chief of Staff in developing, communicating, driving strategies and key initiatives in collaboration with commercial verticals with the aim of delivering Group priorities
- Provide oversight and value-added input on complex projects critical to the Group Priorities
- Follow up and report on the progress of key business objectives
- Key point of contact for critical dependencies (internal and external) flagging any current or future risk on deliverables
- Alert the Chief of Staff issues based on ever moving priorities
- Ambassador of the Chief of Staff in the wider Group network
Internal consulting in process and management
- In an organisational development approach, ensure that the Group's strategy is supported by the right governance, processes, systems and organisation
- " Voice of the business" initiative: define, implement and follow-up on tool to measure satisfaction and performance of support services and competence centres
Propose and drive Group transversal initiatives and ad hoc projects
- Leverage the Group ecosystem (partners, public authorities....) to identify new opportunities
- Identify and recommend projects for the Group (new partnership, negotiation with authorities)
- Build and drive taskforces to make these projects come to life
- At the request of the Group' leadership and in coordination with the stakeholders, drive projects that require collaboration
Contribute to a highly effective Group governance
- Support the Chief of Staff in managing the different Group committees: Board of Presidents, NEXT, COMEX...
- Support the Chief of Staff in providing the Group President with analysis, data, notes, talking points
Monitor Group priorities and recommend
- Help define the yearly Group priorities
- Track KPIs and progress
- Deep dive to understand challenges and hindrances
- Ensure coordination with the Communication team
- Build bridges between governance and communication to ensure that that decisions are cascaded down across the organization in due time and adequate manner
What you'll need to succeed
- Education level required - MBA/Masters
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, out of which at least 5 as a consultant in an international consultancy
- Experience within the Middle East and a strong understanding of the region
- Experience of luxury industry is good to have
- English fluent - strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills / green belt SIGMA
- Strong organizational development skills
- Strong stakeholder management ability
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.