Job description / Role
Senior Cost Manager (Western)
Currie & Brown is currently looking for a senior cost manager, to help support our contracts advisory division in our Dubai office.
The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as a preferred service provider.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate(s) will include:
• Analyzing and evaluating contractual issues and disputes
• Dealing with claims assessments, formulating claims arbitration, alternate dispute resolution and be well versed in contract administration, VOs, procedures and payments
• Providing contractual guidance including risk analysis of contract provisions
• Preparing position and recommendation papers
• Developing negotiation strategies on contractual issues, including management of claims/disputes
• Performing services adhering to international best practice and the standards of the RICS
• To represent Currie & Brown in a professional manner
• A relevant quantity surveying degree
• Middle East experience
• Professional member of MRICS
• At least seven to ten years’ experience gained within the construction industry
• PQS consultancy background with at least two years’ experience in a contracts advisory position
• Must be client facing and diplomatic
• Ability to advise legal teams on technical aspects of construction disputes
• Knowledge of FIDIC contracts
• Broad knowledge of contracting principles and practices
About the Company
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the procurement, construction, management and utilisation of their physical assets.
From airports to corporate headquarters, power stations to health and education, leisure and hotel facilities to transportation infrastructure - the sheer range of projects we are involved in gives us a vast breadth and depth of experience. Projects of this kind cannot be tackled with an 'off-the-peg, one-size-fits-all' solution. Instead, we apply flexible working and innovative thinking to provide a value-for-money, tailored solution.
We operate throughout the world and have offices in the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.