Job description / Role
As the first legal hire within the start-up, your role would be to build the internal legal function from scratch and manage all the subsequent responsibilities.
A tech start-up within the payments space who is looking for its first legal hire.
* Provide legal counsel to the C-suite and other business functions.
* Manage the relationship with external counsel, with a view to building your own team and weaning the firm off of outsourced legal services.
* Build, review and refine contract templates to streamline the negotiations process.
* Handle contract negotiations, and draft / review all contracts and agreements with business partners and investors.
* Advise on effective corporate structuring and risk management strategies.
* Assist the C-Suite in the legal operations for all sister companies within the larger family of start-ups.
* Competitive, tax-free salary
* Opportunity to contribute directly to the growth of a high-performing start-up
* Progressive, exciting environment
* At least 10 years of experience in an in-house or external legal function.
* Must have experience in the payments / fintech space.
* Strong experience in a strategic and senior role, supporting business functions across multiple jurisdictions.
* Excellent communication, leadership and organisational skills.
* Strong understanding of, and experience with, corporate law, procedures and regulations in the UAE and Middle Eastern jurisdictions.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Legal Advisor (E-Commerce)
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Senior Legal Counsel - Shared Services
|Ras Al Khaimah||11 Apr|
Group Legal Advisor