Job description / Role
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
· Participate and support SCO in optimisation of usage of available capital resources and the creation of a desired portfolio risk profile through the application, in conjunction with the business, of Portfolio Standards and Risk Appetite principles.
· Approve BCAs under personal delegated credit authority.
· Effective management and monitoring of underwriting and control disciplines to ensure good turnaround times, a well managed portfolio and the enforcement of credit risk policies.
· Management of all stakeholders including developing relationships with business partners and balancing the role with stakeholder expectations.
· Ensure to maintain a strong credit culture and the highest standards and apply all the credit policies
· Ensuring quick transparent escalation of important issues and providing critical and timely inputs to key risk forums.
· To ensure that quality of credit portfolio is maintained within acceptable parameters as defined by the group and local business strategy.
· Monitor and report excesses, breach of limit terms, early alert indicators and ensure that all such accounts are managed as per laid down procedures.
· Undertake regular customer visits to keep abreast of local market developments.
Our Ideal Candidate
· 5+ years experience in banking. Functional experience in Corporate Banking Credit Risk Management.
· MBA / CA / CFA with experience in treasury/relationship management/consultancy and risk management
· Good communication skills - written and oral;
· Good knowledge and grasp of banking practice, financial markets, Basel II and ICAAP, risk appetite, and portfolio management techniques
· Hands on knowledge of the regulatory frameworks within the region
· Strong analytical skills and ability to influence and resolve disputes. Enjoy decision making and have sense of ownership
· Multi cultural awareness and sensitivity
· Command respect of cross functional peers and business heads working in open ended situations
· Good working relations with Regulators.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.