Job description / Role
We are looking for Senior Service designer who will help us differentiate with a world-class customer experience that consistently outpaces expectations and transforms the Group into hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of the customers everywhere. We're looking for someone who cares deeply about customers, is able to understand complex systems of information and simplify that information for others, and will bring a strong process-oriented design methodology.
- Co-design with customers, brand managers, and other stakeholders to deliver human-centered, end-to-end solutions that meet needs of customers.
- Responsible for articulating and mapping customer and/or user journeys and holistic view of the experience by identifying critical touchpoints, how those touchpoints are connected, and how people experience the brand throughout their entire lifecycle
- Lead design brainstorming and review sessions with brand managers and other key stakeholders.
- Work to identify and prioritize opportunities that will inform our experience strategy
- Balance stakeholder needs and facilitate alignment
- Work closely with product development, sales, marketing, and operations to integrate UX & Customer insights to optimize the journeys
- Lead and participate in user research activities and incorporate insights into service design and deliverables.
- Use VoC research and insights and competitor analysis to transform what customers want into what users need to efficiently get their jobs done
- Responsible for ensuring the end-to-end experience meets or exceeds the needs and objectives of your customers and meets our core business objectives in a measurable way
- Develop customer journeys, service blueprints, workflows, wireframes, and other design deliverables.
- Understand and articulate clearly how journeys, processes and services need to change from a user centered, system, and business perspective.
- Support and teach other internal organizations how to design better services using user-centered design best practices and service design techniques
- Use UX best practices to design digital experiences for target users, and support the company's business goals while advocating for users' needs
- Foster a design thinking culture within the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Engineering, Design, or a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience.
- Minimum of 3-4 years work experience in user-centered service and/or design, e.g. creation of customer journeys, service blueprints, experience flows, as well as definition of touchpoints, and design/interaction guidelines, human-centered research methodology and (ethnographical) interviewing.
- Proven and successful at delivering a product design, from design to launch.
- Familiarity with research tools and techniques such as Crazy Egg, Google Analytics and Optimize, usertesting.com, customer interviews, small-focus groups, and surveys.
- Experience of using design thinking principles or methods, facilitating Design Thinking workshops and trainings.
- Business knowledge paired with outstanding analytical, conceptual, and design thinking skills.
- Proven ability to create new service designs based on relevant user insights and to effectively communicate them to stakeholders.
- Work under time constraints on several tasks and projects simultaneously, as well as a marked ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Master's Degree
- Retail industry and luxury is a plus.
- Arabic (written and spoken) is preferred.
- Agency or consultancy is preferred.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.