Job description / Role
We are looking for a dedicated and meticulous cyber security specialist to join our growing team. In the role You will make things more secure by protecting system boundaries, keeping computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and securing highly sensitive data.
The job description will include developing security systems, analyzing current systems for vulnerabilities, and handling any and all cyber-attacks in an efficient and effective manner. Candidates should have strong IT skills and a deep understanding of cyber hacker methodology.
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Cloud security (AWS/Azure)
- Develop unique, effective security strategies for software systems, networks, data centers (Cloud), and hardware
- Research best ways to secure company-wide IT infrastructure and design computer security architecture
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Ensure that the management knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents
- Identify cyber attackers, report to upper management, and cooperate with police or other legal forces to detain perpetrator
- Work independently or as part of a team as needed
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement Requirements
- Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer.
- Demonstrated proficiency in software development in Rust, Go, Java, Python and / or C/C++
- Cloud security expert (AWS/Azure)
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems
- Ability to conduct fuzzing against unfamiliar protocols and code
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering
- Forensic approach to challenges
- Business facing & consulting experience
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system security, information security and network monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Critical thinking skills, problem solving aptitude
- Experience in professional cyber security a plus Benefits
What you'll get in return:
- You'll benefit from working for one of Dubai and the region's hottest startups.
- Work in a culture that demands thinking, innovation and taking control
- Make a direct impact and exponentially grow based on your performance
- Be part of a great start-up with the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talent in the region that are building a product that disrupts
About the Company
Fetchr is a tech company revolutionizing the world of delivery across emerging markets where there are no physical addresses. In fact, half the world's population has no physical address. Fetchr has the technical solution by eliminating the need for a physical address and deliver to wherever you are. Our patented solution has changed the traditional method of delivery.
Fetchr is the first Middle Eastern company ever to be backed by the most successful venture capitalists from Silicon Valley. Sending and receiving packages has never been this seamless. Established in the UAE in 2012, we've grown to over 3000 employees spread across seven countries and growing rapidly.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Cyber Security Engineer - Ecommerce
Network Security Engineer
IT Senior Officer - Systems & Monitoring
Robert Half International (RHI)
Senior SOC Security Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||16 Jul|
Senior Systems Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||23 Jul|