Job description / Role
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Building Analysis Services reporting models.
• Developing visual reports, KPI scorecards, and dashboards using Power BI desktop.
• Connecting to data sources, importing data and transforming data for Business Intelligence.
• Analytical thinking for translating data into informative reports and visuals.
• Capable of implementing row-level security on data along with an understanding of application security layer models in Power BI.
• Be able to quickly shape data into reporting and analytics solutions.
• Should be able to develop tabular and multidimensional models.
• Must be able to discuss the requirements effectively with the management and operation teams.
• Design and automate reports and dashboards to showcase and analyze KPIs
• Liaise with other departments to maintain and update database used for reporting.
• Coordinate with all users in order to explain reporting process and clarify any related queries.
• Provide daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly insights to Management Team.
• Identify the area of improvements and provide solutions.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Mandate to have experience with BI tools and systems such as Power BI, Tableau.
• Excellent skills required for VBA, Power Query, Power Pivot, and building calculated columns and complex measures.
• Must have strong communication skills.
• Must have 5+ years of experience in data-specific roles.
• Must have good presentation skills.
• Candidate must be a self-starter and able to work without or less supervision.
• Problem solving and analytical thinking.
• Identifying opportunities for business growth.
• Providing solutions and recommendations for improvement based on data insights
• Liaise with other departments for process improvements
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Must have knowledge of database fundamentals such as multidimensional database design, relational database design, SQL
• Must have strong command over Power Query, MDX and Advanced DAX functions, R, Python or similar
About the Company
Melodica Music and Dance Institutue is a music institute in Dubai, UAE established and registered under the Knowledge and Human Development Authority. Melodica have been operating since 2013 and are one of the top-rated independent music schools in Dubai with six branches across Dubai with a further four opening over 2018-2020.
Melodica is registered with ABRSM, Trinity and RAD and specialise in teaching piano, vocals, guitar, violin, drums, saxophone, flute, ballet and hip hop for all age groups. With over 100 teachers from a variety of different backgrounds and nationalities including Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Serbia, Turkey, Bulgaria, Belarus, UK, South Africa, India, Canada and US, Melodica is a truly international school.