Job description / Role
As a trusted partner to entities across public and private sectors, Pegasus (A DarkMatter Group Company) provides cutting edge and future proof data analytics software and services aimed at providing flawless actionable intelligence. We help our clients to answer their most pressing data queries - at speed. We provide instant value by unravelling key insights from an abundance of data sources, building the next generation of lawful enforcement, fraud management, cyber security and data management solutions. We are ambitious, with a strong desire and belief in establishing the leading global Data Science, Big Data and Analytics powerhouse with the key focus on applied machine learning and artificial intelligence.
Whether you are working in our headquarters located in the iconic Aldar HQ building in Abu Dhabi, or one of our international offices you will be joining a firm that is constantly looking to push boundaries. Our people define us. They are talented adventurers who are shaping the tech landscape from Abu Dhabi with their considerable expertise and experience. For them, Pegasus is a place where they can make their big data dreams come true. We embrace and foster the entrepreneurial spirit that propels our people and our company forward. Our industry is ever evolving, and so are we.
As Data Engineer will join our team in developing an advanced Big Data Analytics platform, which ingests and fuses a broad spectrum of data sources to create highly actionable intelligence. You will work in an agile development environment. You will learn and define all data models in the big data system. You will focus on 2 of the 4V in big data system, Variety and Veracity. And find out the information and value from our massive data set.
In this role, you will:
- Perform analysis and gain insight into a broad range of very large data sets
- Develop data models
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Implement features of big data analytic applications in the area of ingestion, enrichment, search, and/or analytics.
- Prototype and demonstrate solutions
- Work with software engineers to implement analytical models and approaches in mission-critical product
To bring your dream to life, you'll need:
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- At least 2+ years of experience in Hadoop management and fine tuning on a reasonably highLoad/bigData project (Yarn, Spark, HDFS, HBase, Kafka, Zookeeper, etc…) prefer 4+ years
- Extensive experience of Java/Scala OOP/OOD
- Extensice experience with data structures, modeling and algorithms.
- Ability to create extensible and scalable data schema that lay the foundation for analysis
- Experience working with very large data sets
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Experience in Elasticsearch/Solr/Lucene is a big plus
- Experience in Spark Core, Spark Streaming, Spark SQL, Spark ML, and/or Spark GraphX is a big plus
Working in Abu Dhabi
At Pegasus, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working in the DarkMatter Group. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.
1st Line IT Support Engineer
Data Scientist B (All Levels)
Data Scientist A (All Levels)
Data scientist with NLP Programming skills