Job description / Role
• Responsible to design, develop & manage Enterprise Data Warehouse modeling (Conceptual, Logical, Physical & Virtual), including model consolidation and integration.
• Responsible for how the data will be stored, consumed and managed within the Enterprise Data Warehouse
• Responsible for continuous & continual driving of data usage across the organization to drive the business value
• Provide guidance to developers, modelers and data administration concerning design and transition to the physical data environment
• Recommend relational (RDBMS) and non-relational (NoSQL, Big Data, Doc DB) data storage technologies suitable to meet business and data needs based on deep understanding of data and existing/planned usage
• Drives the evaluation and adoption of emerging data warehouse technologies including Banking & Financial sector Industry Standard Data Models for building an EDW.
• Liaise with support and operational units to ensure data processing SLAs are well defined and followed
• Responsible for designing, facilitating & maintaining metadata (business glossary, definition, golden source, derivation logic, ownership, etc.), data lineage, quality, profiling, mining and master data management.
• Manage and establish standards for naming and abbreviation conventions, data definitions, ownership, documentation and change management procedures/techniques
• Masters (desired) or Bachelors of Computer Science or Equivalent
• Certification in the area of data sciences, data modelling
• Membership & active contribution to data forums like TDWI, DAMA, etc.
• Minimum 2 years of professional experience in Banking & Finance industry-
• Minimum 8 years of professional experience in Data Warehouse-
• 6+ years of experienced in Data Mart and Warehouse Data Model designs
• Knowledge of Modern Data Warehouse Architecture
• Agility in delivery
• Data analysis/profiling and reverse engineering of data
• Expert in Informatica and modeling data with 8+ years of working experience
• Proficient in PL/SQL, UNIX scripting, etc.
• Expert knowledge in database and information modelling ER, Dimensional, Physical, Conceptual, Logical, Virtual, hierarchical, semantic, etc.
• Experience in any Data Modelling tool like, IBM Data Architect, SAP Power Designer, Erwin
• Hands on experience on Sybase IQ, SAP Hana & Hadoop technologies.
• Solid knowledge of Data Warehouse principles
• Experience working in a Financial Industry
• Working knowledge in technical aspects of DW Governance including glossary, metadata, data quality, master data management and data lifecycle management
About the Company
New Sourcing International (NSI) / Bluefin Talent have partnered so to offer a specialized recruitment solution within the Consulting and Financial services domains.
Working together as a specialist search and selection agency, we concentrate on blue chip financial services and strategy / technology consulting organizations across Europe and the Middle East; focusing exclusively on Financial Services, IT and Risk. Being niche allows us to offer a premium search service, tailored to overcome the technically challenging nature of recruitment for the specialist functions that we work.
We are dedicated to representing best of breed candidates in the region in our dedicated fields of employment. As such we are a leading outfit for placing ex-pats and internationally educated students in the region.
Our biggest unique selling point, is that we are steered by a dedicated team of ex-financial services and industry professionals. This allows us to offer a level of candidate pre-screening for roles, which is largely anomalous to the recruitment profession. Our ability to bridge the technical knowledge gap typical recruiters encounter, coupled with a thorough delivery process allows us to drive consistently superior results for our clients sourcing requirements. Designed to provide a fast and efficient turnaround, we minimize the use of internal resources our clients spend vetting inadequate profiles, allowing them to quickly get back to focusing on their strategic goals.
Our strength lies not only in the specialist nature of our firm, but also in the commitment we show towards our clients and candidates. We endeavour to build long-term relationships and recognise the crucial nature of communication throughout the recruitment process. Excellence, integrity, respect and transparency are cornerstone to the culture we promote.