Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
As a data product manager, you will be responsible for identifying opportunities across the business where data products (i.e. data sets, models, tools) can make a significant impact, and leading cross functional teams to ensure timely delivery of these products.
Your responsibilities will include:
What you'll be doing
- Working with stakeholders in the business to proactively identify opportunities
- Owning the high-level design of the data product and evolving it as required
- Writing epics and user stories and ensuring they are prioritised effectively
- Ensuring that the value of your data products is clearly quantified at every stage
- Leading cross-functional teams to launch data products on time to spec
- Project managing the delivery and making sure stakeholders stay informed
- Partnering with data architects and data engineers to ensure technical quality
- Planning the go-to-market and successful scaling of your data products
- Keeping your knowledge up to date via trainings and on the job learning
- Being a positive ambassador of the broader data organisation and culture
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrated team player who genuinely enjoys working with other people
- Strong product management ability, with desire to act like an entrepreneur
- Good understanding of agile methodologies, such as sprints and user stories
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences alike
- A hunger to deliver true transformational change. This role is not for the timid!
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.