Job description / Role
We have a great opportunity to join an ambitious Fintech Startup here in Dubai.
The team are looking for a Senior Database Administrator DBA to join a multicultural team committed to changing the way the world uses mobile payments.
The role will involve installing, fine-tuning and optimizing the performance of the data platform designed to support massive scale structured and unstructured real-time data.
Some of the key duties and responsibilities:
• Manage huge datasets with focus on MySQL NDB cluster and optimization of structure, requests, indices, storage.
• Support benchmarking systems, perform analysis & investigate bottlenecks, proposing solutions to eliminate them where possible
• Manage and resolve complex scalability challenges
• Help keep the platform operational through troubleshooting of data systems and applications
• Set up maintain replication, backups and assist the team to meet availability, scalability and resilience requirements.
Candidates will need:
• Extensive commercial experience in building and managing distributed data infrastructure using open source software
• Relevant technical agree
• Demonstrable professional experience managing data distributed systems infrastructure using open source software in a large-scale environment.
• Technical expertise in installing, fine-tuning and performance optimization of data distributed systems.
• Strong skills with MySQL NDB Cluster
• Strong commercial experience working with Linux/Unix systems within an agile environment
• Hands on experience with as many of the following skills as possible: Storm, MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Kafka, HBase, ElasticSearch.
Startup experience is preferred, as is knowledge of containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
This is a great opportunity to take on a challenging role within a small but dynamic company with a bright outlook!
For more information please apply!
About the Company
Allegis Group retired the "Talent2" name and re-branded its specialist recruitment professionals brand to Aston Carter.
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment services to companies requiring highly specialised business professionals. We have an unrivalled commitment to delivering first class service to our clients and candidates across professional disciplines, including Information Technology, Finance, Sales, Risk, Credit, Compliance, Operations, Marketing, Audit, HR and Engineering. Although we are retiring theTalent2 brand, our continued alignment with your company's business objectives will remain unchanged. As part of Aston Carter, our global presence gives us access to additional high-level talent, solutions and industry trends to better grow with our customers.
With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider and the world's largest privately owned recruitment firm.