Job description / Role
To support the market pricing to the sales desk and the running of proprietary FX positions. Supporting the on-line electronic trading platform and streaming prices will form part of the role.
• To ensure that market rates are provided to the sales desk, by the FX desk, for all currencies to enable the bank to identify the returns on every customer transaction.
• To position against the likely daily cash flow from these transactions to add incremental revenue to the bank.
• To generate trading revenue from proprietary positions in approved currencies
• Maintain counterpart relationships
• Monitor flow of ancillary business to relationship banks
• Provide derivative pricing to GMS team and close out transactions
• Book transactions, across asset classes in respective systems
• Liaise with legal and risk to ensure that all documentation is valid and enforceable
• Liaise with IT and Operations for UAT test environments and system development for booking of new products.
• When necessary, to provide marketing support to sales for on-site client visits.
• To give training for dealing room, RM's, support functions and corporate customers for foreign exchange.
• Maintain compliance with appropriateness and product approval guidelines
• To be responsible for streaming pricing to system and to support customers in its introduction
• Provide multi asset class information to customers and bank staff when required
• Attend appropriate market events
Education and Experience:
• Graduate in Commerce, Economics, Finance Management or similar.
• 5 Years' experience in Treasury & Finance field with at least 3 years in an active Dealing Room of a Bank covering FX
• Good knowledge of wide range of FX products - Spot, Forward, NDF and Vanilla options
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.
Private Banking Manager
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Executive - Treasury
Dubai Properties (DP)
Senior Accountant - Financial Reporting
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB)
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC)
Junior Treasury Analyst