Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years.
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
What we are looking to add several Demand Planners to our Supply Chain Organization
Our Demand Planner will ensure our company's operations are timely, efficient, and cost-effective. You will assist in all demand planning duties including estimating future product demand, analyzing inventory flow, and developing forecast models.
To succeed in this role, you should be professional, highly-analytical, and possess excellent communication skills. The successful candidate should also have an in-depth knowledge of advanced mathematical and forecasting practices.
Demand Planning and Analysis:
- Apply planning and forecasting techniques regarding demand and capacity and interpret and communicate results to relevant team members
- Seek new approaches to generate greater forecast accuracy and improved analysis of sales forecasts inputs
- Review sales inputs and ensure an appropriate Sales Forecast is developed and consistently renewed
- Apply planning and modelling techniques to investigate and evaluate demand scenarios and the impact of relevant constraints in order to ensure an appropriate basis is selected for the Demand Plan
- Seek opportunities to deploy improved tools and techniques to enable achievement of better plans and business decisions
- Assist in the development of the Demand Plan; determine what is required in the demand, supply and inventory plans to support business needs
- Setup and run the S&OP process within my business
- Anticipate and mitigate specific factors (demand drivers, supply constraints) relevant in my category which must be carefully managed in the S&OP process
- Devise action plans which include targeted pricing adjustments in order to achieve required outcomes such as increased sales or reduction of excess stock while managing margin and profits within acceptable levels
- Seek required support and approval for implementation of any action plans involving price adjustments and lead the implementation of those plans
Inventory Management & Fulfillment Support:
- Provide input on the optimum stock model to support agreed Demand and business plans
- Ensure that Supply Planning KPIs align with multiple stakeholders' objectives for inventory optimization
- Identify gaps in current supply or Demand plans and propose remedial action
- Monitor supply planning adherence to demand plan
- Identify constraints and options on available space and alert the business to impending issues
Cost Management & Analysis:
- Assess sources of supply and costs using multi tiered supply chain costing approaches and apply them throughout the life of a supply agreement
- Identify and implement, where required, opportunities to reduce cost and/or supply risk
- Monitor currency fluctuations and understand the impact of forex rates on business costs
Supply Chain Operational Excellence:
- Support the role of audit and financial compliance in all operational activities
- Develop and implement plans to ensure compliance
- Monitor and administer adherence to the main requirements and terms and conditions of any contract agreements engaged in
- Identify, analyze risks, and develop organizational risk management strategies and lead initiatives
- Guide and direct the SC team regarding participation in projects to enable their contribution to deliver projects within agreed timelines and budget
- Define the quality checks and balances for the processes to secure reliable item supply and for the conformance of the supplied items
- Secure agreement for the critical KPIs and constantly drive for improvements
- Support and advocate data management, controls and data mining applications and systems
- Leverage business intelligence tools to develop non-routine information from the manipulation of data and I have the statistical understanding and can use appropriate techniques to determine the business significance of the information derived
- Develop new business intelligence reports, trend charts and limit controls
Supply Chain Planning:
- Collect and analyze data needed for and output from network design/optimization
- Perform basic activities to manage the space at the location using siloed solutions (e.g. Excel, Access, CAD, etc.)
System Capabilities & Technology:
- Submit new business requirements to tech team regarding systems and tools
- Provide direction on significant deviations from the use of organizational systems
- Utilize available systems according to the needs and demand of the business
- Suggest improvement on localized system developments
- Able to lead top-to-top risk mitigation discussions with key supply partners
- Good understanding of major project management methodology
- Able to lead cross-functional/organizational project teams
- Familiar with the DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyse-Improve-Control) methodology of Six Sigma and with important problem solving and kaizen (continuous improvement) tools and techniques such as FMEA, fishbone analysis etc.
- Strong understanding of present and up-and-coming technologies to accelerate the value of SCM
- General awareness of procurement systems used within the industry and in-depth knowledge of current organization's system
- General awareness of demand planning systems used within the industry and in-depth knowledge of current organization's system
- Proficiency in demand planning systems and capable of delivering training initiatives
- Experience in warehouse and transportation management systems is a big plus
- 2+ years of experience
- University degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain or any relevant field
What we can offer you:
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.