Job description / Role
Objectives: To improve the design department performance to meet targets on time and approved budget. The Senior Design Manager\'s task is also to lead the design team in order to effectively manage the whole design process from launch of the project(s) till to the handover of the required design.
• Ensure all aspects of Design Works instructions are implemented and standards are followed.
• Review the appropriate Design Team for projects and agree strategy with the Head of Design.
• Managing the awarded consultants on daily basis and monitoring their performance.
• Ensure all consultants\' agreements, scope of works and design management plans are issued, agreed, and fully understood by all parties.
• Examine, review and corrects the projects design and making sure that it complies with the business case, building / structural code requirements while achieving maximum efficiency.
• Ensure that the design on all projects have been reviewed.
• Coordinate resource requirements with the other Design Manager(s).
• Liaise with the Head of Design in reporting individual project performance, staff resource requirements, training and development requirements.
• To execute a realistic design programme and information required schedule with the projects / design team that is agreed by all parties in order to satisfy the design, procurement and construction requirements of the involved project.
• Reviewing of consultant\'s fee proposals and scope of work.
• Coordinate and liaise with consultants and review the submitted designs to ensure conformity to the master plan, building specifications and design requirements.
• Knowledgeable to the latest building codes, design standards and regulations.
• Perform other tasks assigned by the Department Head.
The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor\'s Degree in Architecture/Civil Engg or related discipline with UAE/GCC experience. Minimum 20 years experience out of which 10 years of experience with a leading Real Estate/Property Developer. Must have strong design experience with projects like residential & commercial buildings, villas, beach/water front luxury developments, hotels, resort etc.
• Deadline driven with effective time management skills
• Good Team Leader
• Self motivated and hard worker
• Ability to multitask and prioritize workload
• Good Communicator and problem solving skills
• Excellent business acumen with indepth awareness in the design standards
About the Company
A leading real rstate company in UAE.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Multi-Disciplinary Planning and Design Firm in UAE
Project Manager - Developer
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Senior Interior Designer & FF&E Senior Designer