Job description / Role
This is a hands-on position for a committed development professional to join the IT department for new and existing projects, you will be involved in the full development cycle, from requirements collection and analysis to deployment and support for internal and external users. ADSS are committed to development using open-source software where possible and the best development, deployment, support and security standards.
You will provide Java programming for a variety of in-house systems, analysis and development for and around these systems and support for the users of these systems. Projects are developed using the Agile methodology and you will be expected to be aware of the principals and expectations of working in such environment. You will work closely with the entire IT team to ensure all delivered software is capable of being supported by the appropriate teams for infrastructure and application support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participation in teams of development around Order Management Systems, “Big Data” capture and reporting, and Business Intelligence.
• Java development and general script development for tactical and strategic projects.
• Actively participate and contribute to the overall effort to normalize, extend and optimize company’s components, products, workflows and functions, leveraging and introducing the best available technology.
• Continually self-learning database and open source technologies, best practices and security.
• Support of critical business systems on a daily basis.
• Conduct code review and analysis, and suggest improvements where needed.
• Maintain software technical documentation standards as needed.
• Regular engagement with the Business teams for requirements gathering and analysis.
• Work with our Information Security department to ensure client and company data safety and confidentiality.
• Stay up to date with latest industry innovations and ideas.
• Actively follow and promote all safety and security policies and ensure that fellow employees and visitors are doing the same so as to ensure a safe and secure workplace for all.
• Other job duties, as directed.
Education and Experience:
• Demonstrable experience working on the design, implementation, and deployment of large, high-volume data-centric systems.
• Hands on experience of front-office development – ideally within an FX environment, or on regulated exchanges.
• Experience in major RDBMS and SQL development.
• Experience in regulatory reporting and market compliance a plus.
• Experience in Cloud computing and Enterprise Unified Data Platform a plus.
• Experience of NoSQL DBMS, Big Data, Business Intelligence, AI/Machine Learning would be a definite asset.
• 8+ years of Java development experience within financial Information Technology
About the Company
Abu Dhabi-based ADS Securities provides sophisticated forex, bullion and commodities trading solutions to institutional and professional investors.
Current clients include global and regional hedge funds, central banks, asset managers, market-using banks, other non-bank financial institutions and qualified trading professionals.
ADS Securities is the fastest growing Middle East based trading platform which brings together excellence in technology, world class liquidity and international standards of service to provide traders with exceptional spreads and prices.
Located in a stable and resilient marketplace, with a high level of capitalisation, ADS Securities is developing a new and dynamic forex market. Leveraging its relationships with tier 1 primary brokers and liquidity provides and by bringing in regional liquidity, ADS Securities is extending the trading hours of the major markets – bridging liquidity flows from the far-east to Europe, maintaining spreads and prices for 24/7 investors.
Technical Team Lead - Java
Senior Java Full Stack Developer
Trans Skills LLC
Solution Architect / Technical Team Lead
Senior Software Engineer (HCM Systems)
Specialist - In House Development - DSP