Job description / Role
The incumbent is responsible for designing and developing advanced applications for the Android platform. Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, general reliability, bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Required knowledge about "Core-JAVA" and "Kotlin".
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as "touch" and "face"
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Understanding of Google's Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Bitbucket, TFS etc
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Development, design, documentation, implementing and testing of software systems in Front-End/Server-Side and Internet technologies.
- Development of new services based on Business requirements.
- Oversee the identification, design and implementation of appropriate security measures/controls in relation to the web based applications.
- Enforce compliance with Bank's system development lifecycle (SDLC) methodology Provide technical leadership and expertise in relation to e-Channels and middleware, as and when required.
- Engage the Network Administrators, Network Security Administrators, Quality Assurance team and suitable external security service providers to conduct vulnerability assessments.
- Monitor the articulation of alternate approaches in solving problems and provide advice towards the most efficient and effective approach.
- Recommend viable solutions to improve customer service, satisfaction and response.
- Ensure compliance with all QA policies/ procedures and standards.
- Document functional and non-functional (security, availability, performance) software specifications in alignment to the corporate guidelines and principles
- Ensure legal and regulatory requirements, copyrights, data privacy and confidentiality requirements are appropriately addressed by the Banks android apps.
- Develop and implement procedures for ongoing android application revision and updates.
- Develop and document style guidelines and standards for android application content.
- Coordinate activities between IT staff and business users to resolve Bank's android based applications related problems.
- Implement and maintain suitable backup solutions for the android application as well as the related program codes and configurations.
- Perform android application tests according to planned schedules, or after any andoird application or product revisions.
- Develop test plans, test scripts and test routines and conduct tests to mimic all possible test scenarios and platform dependent operations.
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and correct problems or refer problems to appropriate employees for correction.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the Compliance function as and when required. Analyze business processes and design IT systems to meet the requirements of the CBD Business Functions
- Prepare projects and applications reports adhering to the Bank's policies, procedures, and guidelines in order to satisfy internal and external reporting requirements.
- Prepare technical manuals for users and operators of the applications
- Train key users to the applications functionality, including the identification, troubleshooting and reporting of issues
- Prepare Application System Recovery Plans
- University graduate in Computer Science
- Professional qualifications in Application Development, Agile Development and Software Applications Lifecycle Management with specialization in Android Mobile Development.
- Excellent English. Knowledge of Arabic will be an added advantage
- 6-8 years of related experience of which a minimum of 2-3 years should be in a similar position / responsibility, preferably in Banking/Financial Industries
- Good communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Report writing skills
- Supervisory skills
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.
Android Developer for a Startup
Mobile Application Developer
|Ras Al Khaimah||3 Aug|
Senior Developer, IOS
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)